Colo Gogo

Banshee

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Associates close to Coloccini’s represen- tatives claim a fee of £3.5m to cover his transfer has been discussed to secure his passage back to South America

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/22/decision-day-looming-for-united-skipper-coloccini-72703-32650155/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2IhWBa25G

Ashley's whole buy cheap and sell for a profit is fucking mockery if they let Colo go for anything less than what he's really worth.

And every time they wave their "business model" in the fans face you know it's nothing more than a lie to justify a lack of investment in the team.

Wonder if this could lead to owt significant. European courts & Bosman stylee.

If i find a job I like better than my current one I give 4 weeks notice and I'm away. Irrespective of my employers wishes.

But you don't sign a legally binding contract with a specified duration.

If they let Colo do it, Ben Arfa will go on strike the moment he wants out and so on and so on.

Wonder if this could lead to owt significant. European courts & Bosman stylee.

If i find a job I like better than my current one I give 4 weeks notice and I'm away. Irrespective of my employers wishes.

In accordance with your contract thogh surely? sort of doubt colos got a 4 weeks notice clause in his.

Take from it what you will, but Tim Vickery who I always find to be on the ball says it's fuck all to do with any illness to his wife etc but all to do with his dad getting voted in as part of the new board at San Lorenzo then massively unsettling Colo once in.

I would think we hold very few cards in the reality of the law.

If he was simply to up and leave then it would be left to a long drawn out international legal battle. Sure we could stop him from playing but that wouldnt help us.

Eventually lawyers would agree a settlement fee, they would take a big cut and everyone would move on.

Very sensible to try and settle it now but very wrong to think we can play hard ball here.

I would think we hold very few cards in the reality of the law.

If he was simply to up and leave then it would be left to a long drawn out international legal battle. Sure we could stop him from playing but that wouldnt help us.

Eventually lawyers would agree a settlement fee, they would take a big cut and everyone would move on.

Very sensible to try and settle it now but very wrong to think we can play hard ball here.

He should at least see out the season. Not exactly a lot to ask.

He should at least see out the season. Not exactly a lot to ask.

I dont disagree. Problem is he has already made it clear he has no intention of doing that.

If its a case that his personal problem is so bad that its us or his wife, then he is clearly just going to fuck off.

The difference between what we can get now through these discussions and what we could get following a lengthy legal battle, would probably not be worth it.

i'd say there's some sort of non compete clause that if you back out of a contract you can't work in that industry for x-amount of time, which is normally what stops normal folk dumping one contract for another

Have that in my game, but it's unenforceable in law I am told, and no-one has tried to enforce it, even though I know folks have broken that clause.

In football NUFC will hold his FIFA registration for the duration of the contract (or until they see fit to release it).

But you don't sign a legally binding contract with a specified duration.

If they let Colo do it, Ben Arfa will go on strike the moment he wants out and so on and so on.

Exactly.

Before Bosman it was inconceivable that a top player could walk away from his club with no compensation paid in any circumstances.

I'm sure it's not going to go well for us in any respect. They'll probably offer a fraction of what he's worth now or we take it legal to get more during which time he can't play for them and wont play for us. Either way we'll be our captain down without the funds to adequately replace him.

Given that and what impact allowing a player to just fuck off for a fraction of what he's worth will have down the line (ie players fucking off whenever they fancy), I'd be telling them right where to go! Won't help us in our battle to stay in the division but let players and other clubs wanting to fuck us over that we're not just going to bend over and take it.

This is assuming his wife really isn't ill which I have to say I have doubts that she is!

Have that in my game, but it's unenforceable in law I am told, and no-one has tried to enforce it, even though I know folks have broken that clause.

In football NUFC will hold his FIFA registration for the duration of the contract (or until they see fit to release it).

As I've already said previously. Happened when we signed Jonas, His old club Majorca wouldn't release his because they thought they were owed money from us.

Either way we'll be our captain down without the funds to adequately replace him.

Given that and what impact allowing a player to just fuck off for a fraction of what he's worth will have down the line (ie players fucking off whenever they fancy), I'd be telling them right where to go! Won't help us in our battle to stay in the division but let players and other clubs wanting to fuck us over that we're not just going to bend over and take it.

This is assuming his wife really isn't ill which I have to say I have doubts that she is!

Exactly and honestly they are perfectly within their right to do what City did with Tevez when he fucked off without permission, fine him his wages for non performance.

If they let him fuck off then, for all Dekka's "we are horrible cunts" patter they are nothing more than a joke and everything they have done to the club is really just to disenfranchise the supporters.

And then there is Coloccini's lack of respect to those supporters who cheer and chant his name.