Colo Gogo

Banshee

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get past looking at the "talksport" part of the url before I guffawed and moved onto other things in my head.

Fair enough but it's a journo speaking about it.

Vickery is the BBC's South American football expert, not your average tabloid hack.

TBF same as The Fish, as soon as I saw TS I had no intention of listening. He didn't specify who it was, it could've been Louise Taylor or anyone. Vickery is very good normally granted.

Anyway, in the interview he's not claiming to have the inside track on what's going on, all he's saying is that there's no talk of a personal crisis, just that Colo wants to join up with his dad. Which given recent events would make sense.

His dad comes out and says that Colo wants to join him, his agent rubbishes the claims, then suddenly there's a major problem with his wife and he wants to return to Argentina. As I said much earlier in the thread: 'Steven Ireland's two grannies'.

why do you always talk horseshit?

Gene, listening to Tim Vickery who is held in high regards in the world sports media, it's more than possible that Colo is fucking with us by using the "illness" card.

Which is shame and for whatever reason, whether he's been putting it about, whether she's home sick, there has been a fall out with Pardew, regardless it's obvious by his father's press saying Colo is coming home and going to play for the "club he loves" that something isn't right in all this.

Vickery's suggestion of negotiating his stay until the end of the season (and make it conditional on performance) and then a swap for four or five of San Lorenzo's players is a great idea.

No doubt the club will fuck it up and Colo will go now for nothing.

edit: Colo's agent must be sphincter puckering at the thought of not making any money in all of this.

Edited by sammynb

Vickery's suggestion of negotiating his stay until the end of the season (and make it conditional on performance) and then a swap for four or five of San Lorenzo's players is a great idea.

That depends on whether any of their players are worth having, they're currently 11th in the Argentinian league so I'm not sure they'd have many potential world beaters among their ranks, certainly not any that they'd be willing to let go for a soon to be 31 year old.

San Lorenzo giving Newcastle a deadline of monday to let our captain join them for free because they can't aford him. :lol: fuck me, the situation is laughable.

I'm not entirely sure about the rules regarding this, but does any of SL's conduct in this affair equate to tapping up?

I'm not entirely sure about the rules regarding this, but does any of SL's conduct in this affair equate to tapping up?

I'm guessing that it'll be his dad that has done the tapping up, making it very difficult to prove anything. Any other comments publicly made don't amount to 'tapping up' afaia.

The whole thing is laughable, has there been another example in history of a club claiming that they desperately want a player but are refusing to pay a penny towards his transfer?