This is getting ridiculous now

Banshee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon he's definitely trying to engineer a move away from us. Probably dis-illusioned by the Ba and Coloccini situations. Sad when both are/were out of the control of NUFC.

He's recuperated in France before without saying boo to a goose, now with a few good performances under his belt he decides to start getting chirpy all of a sudden?...if he wants to go badly enough, just do what they did with Carroll...under no circmstances accept any bid whatsover until its fuckin ludicrous.

Here's what David Crossnan is saying were Ben Arfa's exact quotes last night:

"At the end of the season there'll be talks with the president and the coach, if there's ambition then why not stay? But if there's no ambition then I'd prefer to leave and compete for trophies...However if there's ambition at Newcastle and they sign players, then why not stay? For now what Newcastle are doing is ambitious (in terms of signings). They should have done it earlier and we've spoken about that. There are still a lot of positions in which Newcastle need reinforcements. But the fans there really like French players. They speak a lot about Laurent Robert. I really love Newcastle, it's the only club that's given me this responsibility, this love. I feel really loved by the fans. But I'm abitious and I want to win trophies. I won trophies at Lyon and Marseille. That's why I said if there's no ambition then I'll leave. My best position is number 10. At Newcastle I play on the right but with a lot of freedom. Debuchy will create space for me."

Edited by rogerbarton

I'm afraid it does get worse though. Quoting straight from from Crossnan's Twitter:

"Alex Ruiz the presenter now throwing club names at #HBA and asking if he'd be interested in them. Brace yourselves...Chelsea? Yes. Arsenal? Yes. Liverpool? Yes. Today those clubs are better than #nufc. But if we sign players we can catch up with them. There was contact with Chelsea and Arsenal last summer but it didn't happen because I wanted to stay at #nufc. I'm still in contact with certain clubs in England today. There's everything you need to be happy in England, even at say QPR or Everton." - that's #HBA picking out 'smaller' clubs BTW - #HBA: "My objective is to stay in England. #PSG is the club of my dreams."

Personally I'm not too happy to see our players publically talking about the possibility of joining any other clubs, but to start talking about the likes of Everton or fucking QPR is ridiculous. He might think he's loved at the club but he's clearly very much keeping his options open.

Makes you wonder if the players as a group are sick of a lack of investment. Lets face it, Ba, Krul, Ben Arfa, Coloccini etc. are the best players in their position this club has seen in a decade, they won't have a shortage of suitors, at much better wages too.

Not sure Krul is better than Given, (best player in position in a decade) but otherwise agree totally with those points.

I really hope we don't have another mass exodus , but it is looking a lot like the problems we had when Nolan, Barton et al realised that the contract talk was just that. Ashley isn't going to improve the team the way he appears to be leading players to believe.

They wouldn't be getting annoyed at lack of ambition unless it was discussed on signing.

I can see it now with Debauchy - "Come join us, I know we are a bit weak in certain areas and our league form is poor, but we've got Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Krul so far and there's more to come, we're building a dream team"

Then within a year, there's 4 wanting out and no one coming in..

Edited by scoobos

Begs the question what do we have to offer top players?

Competitive wages - no

Likelihood of trophy - fuck off man

Good working environment - hmmmmm, I've no idea. Friques and Spiques? It's fucking cold, I know that.

Work with a top manager - well, not really, not yet and he's been at it a while now. I think Keegan, for instance, faced with the challenges of this season would still have us in the top half.

Shop window - aye, massive, plus the opportunity to model loads of fuckin tat in it. But for foreign players this could actually be, and be being pushed as, one of our biggest strengths.

Great stadium - yes, but big fucking whoopee really.

Fans - aye, obviously thousands of passionate fans and their associated adoration.

If I was weighing up my options it would take a manager with vision, enthusiasm and belief in realising our potential to lure me here rather than somewhere with one of the areas we are lacking (primarily wages). Of course that manager would only convincingly be able to persuade me if he himself believed it and was backed accordingly. And if the team was already in the shite then I'd need pretty please with double cream and extra sugar on top. The buck stops with ambition really, and that requires wedge. So fuck off Ashley. What else are you going to spend your money on? You can only eat so much wagyu man. Become a legend, establish a legacy, pull your fucking finger out.

Edited by trophyshy

It's canny how everyone dismisses every paper rumour when they mention players coming in but any about our players going must be true. Give yourselves a shake, man.

And to the Jury I present the cases of Ba and Remy ;)

Ben Arfa saying he turned down Chelsea & Arsenal in the summer....

Must've broke Mike and Dekka's hearts....and to be fair its the only way wages will improve, if Ashley wants them too of course...he's not putting another penny in of his own, thats for sure...

Edited by PaddockLad

And to the Jury I present the cases of Ba and Remy ;)

Demba Ba was sold to Galatasaray in the summer, man. Cabaye is now an Arsenal player as well. Tiote's at Man United, Krul's at Tottenham and Santon's just went to AC Milan. It's silly season every time someone opens their mouth in the press, they know nowt and just go day by day like everyone else.

Given that Ben Arfa left a check for over £150,000 in his locker at Marseilles I don't think he's money motivated or not as much as others - can't see him staying unless the board make some pretty big promises. (and keep them)

Ben Arfa is motivated by lasses and cowies

:lol:

Good lad. Has he got them written into his contract?

12b. The PLAYER will receive a minimum of 100 top quality cowies per quarter, the PLAYER is entitled to determine cowie quality and request replacements whenever gurning levels have been deemed insufficient.

12f. The PLAYER will have the option of 12 lasses, from a minimum of three races, per month and follow up phone calls are not required. Virgins count double, natch.

Edited by trophyshy