Massadio Haïdara signs for Newcastle on 5.5 year deal

Tooj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with this news. As it happens it's a get out of jail card for the FA, as they clearly should have banned Mcmanan for several matches. Instead they've shown it's possible to get away with it if you have no history and your chairman has cronies on the FA. If it had been Tiote he wouldn't pull on his boots again till next season.

Very happy with this news. As it happens it's a get out of jail card for the FA, as they clearly should have banned Mcmanan for several matches. Instead they've shown it's possible to get away with it if you have no history and your chairman has cronies on the FA. If it had been Tiote he wouldn't pull on his boots again till next season.

Indeed. You sort of feel that the FA won't change it's ways until forced to, for example by the courts, as was murmured about here. Maybe one day there will be a landmark case that triggers this. But most importantly I'm glad that Hadeira is okay.

And rightly so. I'd like to say I have lost all faith in the FA but unfortuantly I haven't, it's exactly what I expected.

Pissed me off that they said they couldnt make retrospective judgements if the ref team saw it.

Whats the point in a bloody FA inquiry if they cant act retrospectively, the whole things retrospective the numpties.

Sooo they can't make it if the ref takes action, and they can't take it if the ref doesn't take action but didn't see it but a linesman did :lol:

But they can overturn a decision a referee has made

Pathetic that they haven't assigned Halsey to the next round of prem games.

Shite as he was/is, it's the linesman who has completely cocked up.

Officiating has been piss poor ever since they let Riley be the head honcho. It's no coincidence that a dreadful ref at the helm will lead to dreadful refereeing.

I probably should've been clear.

They've dropped a ref for poor performance but they've said absolutely nothing on the matter because they're spineless. The FA should've come out and reviewed Halsey's inept display and given him a subsequent suspension, not freeze him out once the vast majority of the footballing world (minus Wigan and idiots like Andy Gray) rightly points out how they've made themselves look like every bit the shambles of an organisation they are.

There needs to be a conscious effort from the FA to improve the game, and at the moment the standard of refereeing has been dreadful for a few seasons now. It's only going to get worse with refs becoming more and more isolated on all sides. They get dogs abuse from supporters and fuck all support from their employers. That desperately needs to change.

At least they did something, a slight acknowledgement of error, even if it's about the smallest gesture they could possibly have made. How did the linesman escape is what I want to know...

At least they did something, a slight acknowledgement of error, even if it's about the smallest gesture they could possibly have made. How did the linesman escape is what I want to know...

24pj9sz.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It was good to see him back on the pitch for the first team. Would like to see him get a run of games at some stage this season.

Converse to what some may say, I don't think Santon is well suited to being a fullback in the premier league in a mid table team.

It was good to see him back on the pitch for the first team. Would like to see him get a run of games at some stage this season.

Converse to what some may say, I don't think Santon is well suited to being a fullback in the premier league in a mid table team.

That's a crazy thing to say imo. For a 22 year old defender with probably 14 years of playing ahead of him, he's a definite talent that we're lucky to have. If you could name some better suited 22 year olds I'm all ears.