Massadio Haïdara signs for Newcastle on 5.5 year deal

Tooj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former FA Compliance Officer on Sky Sports slating the FA now and saying that they just make the rules up as they go along. :up:

Indeed. There is absolutely no doubt that this would have been handled differently if this was a Joey Barton on Wayne Rooney 'tackle'.

I would say he has had a hyper extension of the knee, which would of damaged the ligaments to some degree, same thing happened to me many years ago and I was in plaster for 6 weeks, mind you the treatment of knee injuries is far superior than it was back in the early 80's.

Could the fact the lunge was fairly dead-on lessen the impact on the ligaments? I mean the nastiest ligament injuries you tend to see in the game come from tackles/the knee shifting to the side. If it's just bad bruising then Haidara is incredibly lucky. Really, really hope that's the case.

I heard Barnes talking last night and was screaming at the radio. Like Whealen, he kept on saying it was a fair challenge and he won the ball. They must have watched a completely different tackle in that case. If you can stomach to watch it again....

1 - Studs are up / showing when the player makes the tackle - is this not an automatic yellow regardless of winning the ball?

2 - HE DOESNT WILL THE F*CKING BALL, BARNES - it comes off Haidara's left shin and hits the c*nts left boot (NOT THE CHALLENGING FOOT) AFTER he plants his studs into Hairdara's knee.

I seriously can't see how people are saying he wins the ball, regardless of all the shit that has came out afterwards from the FA.

I seriously can't see how people are saying he wins the ball, regardless of all the shit that has came out afterwards from the FA.

He does graze the top of the ball with his right foot and you can see a slight change of direction in the ball.

Regardless, the rules state:

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary

use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off"

"But I won the ball ref" doesn't really come in to it anymore.

Haidara has just tweeted:

"Al Hamdoulillah. I go better and better, I hold has all to THANK YOU for every messages of supports, Im really affects me"

Haidara has just tweeted:

"Al Hamdoulillah. I go better and better, I hold has all to THANK YOU for every messages of supports, Im really affects me"

Yup! On a personal note, great to see we have another muslim player :)

580022_10151523575971201_169680167_n.jpg

Really hope the scan on Thursday comes out good!

Yup! On a personal note, great to see we have another muslim player :)

580022_10151523575971201_169680167_n.jpg

Really hope the scan on Thursday comes out good!

We need a few Jedi's in the team as well. Jedi's and Geordies.