Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mbiwa must be pretty frustrated and who can blame him. He was clearly bought with the view that Colo was off and now he finds himself on the bench. This guy is quality and IMHO better then both Colo (on current form) and Taylor and its baffling we are wasting him. Hope he gets his chance soon when Taylor gets injured shortly.

On the positive side, Williamson is not on the pitch too.

It's not baffling at all. It's not always as simple as "on paper, player x should play ahead of player y".

Taylor knows the league, knows the language, knows the manager, has the experience, has the partnership with Colo and didn't deserve to be dropped after putting in decent enough shifts in 2 wins.

Not to mention he plays in a league that is of a far higher standard than Yanga-Mbiwa's previous club. How much have you seen of MYM to know he's comfortably better?

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Looking forward to seeing him play on Thursday. I can see why he hasn't played yet as Taylor is a decent player and Mbiwa doesn't know the league or the language so there was no need to rush him in. But I'm hoping that he's going to be a top notch player for us.

• 2 weeks later...

My nana calls him Yanga-Mambo, or Yanga-Umbongo. Is casual racism inherent in all 90 years old grandmas?

Not just 90 year olds lest be honest. The old Oh Shola I'm Darkie alteration to his usual Hokie Cokie song often gets an outing especially by the pissed up!

Back on topic though, Mapou has looked very good n his appearances so far and I'm confident we've signed a very good player. Think he'll still struggle to get a lot of starts this season in the league assuming Taylor and Colo stay fit (big assumption with Saylor) and in form. No doubt he'll be first choice next season though.