Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

"We have not had contact from anybody else or heard from anybody else, but I take the point (he could be a target for others),"

What was the actual question which is carefully summarized in brackets?

One reading could be 'Alan, Moussa has put in some terrific performances this season. He will now surely be interesting a lot of big clubs. Aren't you in danger of losing your best player again?'

In which case his response is fairly normal as he cant say no. He sounds like he is responding to a point made by the journalist about clubs taking players like Cabaye and Debuchy away. As that's how the journalist has carefully written the exchange.

Not particularly wanting to defend Pardew, it's been fairly obvious that Moussa is the next big profit margin but I don't think this is a case of Pardew 'touting' the player if you read the journalism properly.

I suppose he could say he's not for sale at any price but then if he does get sold he would be rightly accused of being dishonest and a liar to the supporting public. Think i would prefer to hedge my bets too in that position.

Howay man, he's admitted defeat at the first line of questioning. You can say he's honest, I suppose. But he could at least try to be a bit more savvy with the media and not admit straight away that any player that does well for us is for sale. Most other clubs already know this but pards hammering down the for sale sign to the press is just letting the world know we will let him go in January.

The big club talk is nonsense too. We could be a big club but the owner chooses to operate like a small one.

If he'd had any common sense he'd have perhaps gone down the road of "I don't comment on media transfer speculation" bar confirming that no club had made an offer. But he's so pathetically eager to please the player,the club and the media he runs off at the mouth talking utter bollocks that just pisses off the people who can give him a properly hard time: the supporters. He's not going to have to hide in the dugout because the press think he's unhelpful. Instead he goes on about "big clubs" as if we're Accrington fuckin Stanley.

We're never going to be a club with a real global reach (as man city are finding out, it takes more than just money) but ffs he should know the score after four years. Don't play into to the hands of journalists who have already written the story and are just looking for quote to finish it off.

Exactly

All he has to say is "I'm not getting into that discussion. Suffice to say I want him here."

Wouldn't change the outcome but would make him look less like Ashley's salesman.

It's sickening. And the press wonder why he gets a hard time off those fickle Geordies.

All he has to say is "I'm not getting into that discussion. Suffice to say I want him here."

Wouldn't change the outcome but would make him look less like Ashley's salesman.

"Pardew refuses to answer question on Sissoko's future"

"Alan Pardew has revealed he wants Sissoko to stay at the club. However, with big clubs surely circling over the French midfield powerhouse, Pardew's refusal to speculate on his future suggests the manager is not confident of hanging on to him"

Could go any way with the media.

"Pardew refuses to answer question on Sissoko's future"

"Alan Pardew has revealed he wants Sissoko to stay at the club. However, with big clubs surely circling over the French midfield powerhouse, Pardew's refusal to speculate on his future suggests the manager is not confident of hanging on to him"

Could go any way with the media.

Absolutely, he can't control what they print, but he can control what he says. What I've said is less damaging than what he's said.

It's as easy as saying 'he's not for sale, next question'

Yet it's common knowlegde that every single one of our players s for sale at the right price.

"Pardew at loggerheads with owner over Sissoko future"

He didn't say the best thing, but to be honest, I ignore 99% of what that toadying bellwhiff says

I don't understand why Ashley would want him to talk like that tbh. Yes you can say it invites bids but it also doesn't do much for trying to get maximum money from the sale. If he says we aren't interested in selling him that at least makes him look more expensive.

I agree with CSD that he's not good enough to play for Arsenal or Chelski (certainly not yet) and I can't see what Mournhio would do with him. Jose doesn't usually collect players like he's playing FM and he's never going to play ahead of the likes of Hazard, Fabregas or Oscar. Wenger on the other hand seems to have changed from being a football manager to and attacking midfielder collector so that more possible. Would be a poor move for them though.

"I wont be discussing transfers today"

"I've got nothing to say on the matter"

"Obviously Moussa has caught the eye and rightly so. He's put in some top performances..." and so on, skirting around the question.

PR training, hello?

"I wont be discussing transfers today"

"I've got nothing to say on the matter"

"Obviously Moussa has caught the eye and rightly so. He's put in some top performances..." and so on, skirting around the question.

PR training, hello?

He knows the drill.

We're you on his side when we'd won one in fourteen?

Yes for the most part. I would have probably got rid after 6 or 7 games into this season as i thought there was a chance to get Moyes. Not before. Said that on here when felt he wasnt going to turn it round.

Yes for the most part. I would have probably got rid after 6 or 7 games into this season as i thought there was a chance to get Moyes. Not before. Said that on here when felt he wasnt going to turn it round.

I think his record post January last season + 2 twattings from the mackems made his position untenable in May. Not how Ashley rolls though. If he plays his best team v Spurs next week and in the 3rd round of the cup and manages to beat the mackems I'll give him some credit but somehow I don't think we'll get all three...

I think his record post January last season + 2 twattings from the mackems made his position untenable in May. Not how Ashley rolls though. If he plays his best team v Spurs next week and in the 3rd round of the cup and manages to beat the mackems I'll give him some credit but somehow I don't think we'll get all three...

I'd argue that the relative decline in form of Liverpool after they lost Suarez was the same relative loss of form to ours when we lost Cabaye.

As i think most people still agree that Rodgers is a decent manager (although the snipes are easier to come by now he has Balotelli as a replacement), then its hard to be forgiving to one and not the other.

As a mental exercise if you convert 2 heavy losses into draws (Mackems, bin-dippers etc) and the form book goes up by 2 points but the ferocity of opposition would have dropped (which is what i think), then it makes you think.

Bottom line was that he had us playing very well and picking up lots of points then lost Remy to injury, Cabaye to PSG and 'arsedness' to our mid-table position. It was not acceptable after that but he has had to build or play with 4 separate teams in just 4 years as manager. 5 if you include the new system we are playing now rather than at the start of the season.

As you say, get past Spurs and beat the mackems and i think he'll have repaired some of the damage. Then Ashley sells Sissoko and he turns into a cunt who cant talk proper again.

Clue me in as to how Sissoko is suspended for the Arsenal match.

I understand that 5 yellows mean a one game suspension but I'm a little nonplussed about Sissoko's.

Going into the West Ham match Sissoko had 4 yellows, then he got number 5.

Then he got a second yellow number 6, which resulted in a Red. Does the red cancel the 2 yellows knocking his total yellows back to 4, then the yellow he got against Chelsea brought him back to a total of 5.

Doesn't seem quite right to me.