Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Clue me in as to how Sissoko is suspended for the Arsenal match.

I understand that 5 yellows mean a one game suspension but I'm a little nonplussed about Sissoko's.

Going into the West Ham match Sissoko had 4 yellows, then he got number 5.

Then he got a second yellow number 6, which resulted in a Red. Does the red cancel the 2 yellows knocking his total yellows back to 4, then the yellow he got against Chelsea brought him back to a total of 5.

Doesn't seem quite right to me.

I think you've nailed it aye, 5 and 6 actually totalled a Red so 1 game ban for that, now hes picked up his 5th yellow that didn't result in a red he's got another.

It makes sense I suppose, imagine how annoying it would be for a player to be on 3/4 yellow, get 2 in a game and face a 2 game ban. This way none of the yellows count towards 2 separate suspensions.

• 2 weeks later...

Sissoko told LEquipe: "When I was young, Arsenal was my favourite club.

"There was my idol Patrick Vieira. Ive always loved this club, I still love them.

"Afterwards, there was a lot of rumours. I do not pay too much attention.

"I have an agent [bakari Sanogo] that takes care of that. If something should happen, it will happen.

"I have ambition. My goal is to play at the best clubs, playing the Champions League, win trophies, but today I am a Magpie and I am very happy."

I dont even blame the players anymore to be honest. Why the hell would anyone with a bit of talent and ambition want to stay here?

We'll be reading similar comments from Ayoze this time next year, if not earlier.

I just hope it's in the summer rather than January. Our season (such as it is) seems to be harpooned every January. And then we'll have another relegation fight on our hands as we realise that the board were too incompetent to find a suitable replacement.

I just hope it's in the summer rather than January. Our season (such as it is) seems to be harpooned every January. And then we'll have another relegation fight on our hands as we realise that the board were too incompetent to find a suitable replacement.

What does it matter man. January or summer. In the end we'll still be lower mid table fodder.

I dont even blame the players anymore to be honest. Why the hell would anyone with a bit of talent and ambition want to stay here?

We'll be reading similar comments from Ayoze this time next year, if not earlier.

Yup, cant be mad especially when Pardew has been trying his best to drum up interest in him for the last 6 months anyway. Agree on Perez as well, the lad is looking class.

• 2 weeks later...

Our midfield would be very thin if Sissoko is to leave early January. Who's our options? Colback, Anita, a Siem De Jong without match fitness, Ryan Taylor can play there, perhaps Jonas, Bigi....doesn't very look good though.

especially as sissoko's forward runs have been what our gameplan has revolved around this season. we haven't really had a plan b.

and is ashley going to appoint someone in time to sign a decent replacement? i suspect he'll give the job to carver, at least till the end of the season, and sign nobody to replace him.

I'm not sure why PSG want him to be honest, it doesn't look like they really wanted Cabaye in the end.. just strength in depth I suppose. Can't imagine him being a regular first teamer there.