Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Yes cos Pardew is undoubtedly more positionally astute and tactically aware than Didier.

Didier also played Cabaye where most on here said he was wasted for us :razz:

We dont play a posession game, we mostly play on the counter. Sissomko's good at that, getting the ball further up the pitch and beating his marker. He tries to find space down the right flank/channel to receive it in. He's not someone you could play in a 2 sitting in or in the centre of a 3 because his first touch and distribution arent good enough.

Would prefer to see him in the middle with Ben Arfa on the right, but it's not as cut and dry as out-wide = shite, in the middle = Yaya Toure as some online sensationalists seem to be making out. He has qualities and weakness in both positions.

He's a decent mid-level premier league player, nothing more nothing less, who'll have patches of good performances and poor performances. Could probably be a decent squad player for a 'bigger' club, but will never develop into a starter for a true top club imo, whatever position he plays.

Plenty good enough for us though.

Would prefer to see him in the middle with Ben Arfa on the right, but it's not as cut and dry as out-wide = shite, in the middle = Yaya Toure as some online sensationalists seem to be making out. He has qualities and weakness in both positions.

He's a decent mid-level premier league player, nothing more nothing less, who'll have patches of good performances and poor performances. Could probably be a decent squad player for a 'bigger' club, but will never develop into a starter for a true top club imo, whatever position he plays.

Plenty good enough for us though.

His biggest weakness is distribution and also sometimes lacks composure....ie Run forward fast anywhere! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Wants to play in the Champions League. So do I, Moussa! Hate these sorts of quotes from average players. If you want to play in it, raise your game and help your team qualify for it instead of dropping hints to move. Daft cunt.

He is a current French international and was outstanding last night against Spain. But there again he is playing for a coach who know something about football. Pardew has screwed up every talented, skilful player we have ever had. As for as playing in the CL this ain't going to happen while a) Ashley is the owner and B) Pardew is the Manager

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

God those comment from Pardew are so typically snide. Basically inviting bids, going on about big clubs taking our players off us. We could be a big club if there was a hint of ambition about the place instead of having a manager that's happy to do as the owner instructs him to and openly tout our best players in the media. Cunts, the lot of them.

"We have not had contact from anybody else or heard from anybody else, but I take the point (he could be a target for others),"

What was the actual question which is carefully summarized in brackets?

One reading could be 'Alan, Moussa has put in some terrific performances this season. He will now surely be interesting a lot of big clubs. Aren't you in danger of losing your best player again?'

In which case his response is fairly normal as he cant say no. He sounds like he is responding to a point made by the journalist about clubs taking players like Cabaye and Debuchy away. As that's how the journalist has carefully written the exchange.

Not particularly wanting to defend Pardew, it's been fairly obvious that Moussa is the next big profit margin but I don't think this is a case of Pardew 'touting' the player if you read the journalism properly.

I suppose he could say he's not for sale at any price but then if he does get sold he would be rightly accused of being dishonest and a liar to the supporting public. Think i would prefer to hedge my bets too in that position.

I think in his position I would say "as far as i'm aware we've no plans to sell him and I wouldn't want him to go as he's a big player for us. That's as much as I want to say about that." As it is it reads to me more like we should be expected to sell him as long as the price reflects his status as a long term French international with significant PL experience.

It doesn't make a difference what he says. Other clubs know how we operate and that every player has his price. Pardew has learnt his lesson after the Carroll sale never to make any guarantees on any of our squad.

Alan Pardew said Moussa Sissoko owes Newcastle United a good game at home to Chelsea on Saturday after serving a silly suspension but is expecting to fend off bids for the France midfielder when the transfer window opens next month.

Sent off for collecting a thoroughly unnecessary second yellow card – just moments after his first for kicking the ball away – at West Ham last Saturday, Sissoko missed Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Burnley at Turf Moor and Pardew is relieved to have arguably his best player back for the visit of José Mourinho’s team.

“I think Moussa does owe the team a little bit if I’m honest,” Newcastle’s manager said. “That sending off was needless and he would possibly be the first to admit it. On the other hand, if there’s one player Chelsea will have a close eye on it is Moussa – and I know how thorough Mourinho is with his preparations. Moussa’s been absolutely superb for us this season – and I’m looking for a big game from him.”

An amalgam of formidable power, pace and technical precision, Sissoko has thrived since been shifted to a more central, slightly deeper role. Still extremely dangerous offensively but also adept at disrupting opponents’ play, he is seen as Newcastle’s answer to Yaya Touré.

The comparisons have heightened interest in the former Toulouse midfielder from clubs involved in the Champions League, with both Mourinho and Arsenal’s Arsène Wenger known admirers of his talent.

“We’ve not had contact from anybody else or heard from anybody else,” said Pardew, who would resist any attempt to prise a prize asset away from St James’ Park. “Moussa is playing for a club where big clubs have come before and taken players away. I understand that so therefore I guess he’s a player they’ll be looking at. That’s all I can say because he’s been terrific for us.”

There is a caveat. Sissoko suffered a prolonged dip in form earlier this year. Until this autumn’s renaissance, memories of his stunning home debut against Chelsea in February 2013, when he scored twice in a 3-2 Newcastle victory, were fading fast.

“Don’t get me wrong, Moussa had a great day back then but he’s a better player now,” Pardew said. “Part of his problem after that was, because the team dipped, they took him with them. I wouldn’t put everything at his door though. He’s only a young player, only 25 and he already has 27 caps for France. This is a guy who could win 50, 60, 70 international caps. He’s always been powerful but he’s a better player than he was in that game against Chelsea nearly two years ago. Moussa now has more experience and a better knowledge of the Premier League. And without a doubt he’s improved technically.”

Pardew had hoped the technically accomplished Davide Santon would have a similarly influential impact his season but instead the Italy left-back – a particular favourite of Mourinho’s during their Internazionale days – is sidelined following another operation on his troublesome right knee last May. Yet if Santon has almost become a forgotten man on Tyneside, his offensive qualities are missed at St James’ Park.

“Davide hasn’t been forgotten by us,” Pardew said. “We know we have an outstanding talent there. He’s on the way back and has made some big strides this week. By the start of January I expect to see Davide in and around the team.

“When the surgeon went in to his knee it was a little bit worse than we expected. I don’t think it was career-threatening but the rehab was always going to take a bit longer than we thought.”

Similar write up from Lousie Taylor today.

I don't think we'll sell him in Jan, the run of games we have before the transfer window opens isn't pretty and I can't see us picking up enough points to be in the position we were last season where we were basically safe by Jan and therefore able to sell without risk.

Priority one is staying in the PL, then selling for more than we bought. A poor December may actually see us strengthen in a similar way to the Jan when Sissoko signed for us.

If he'd had any common sense he'd have perhaps gone down the road of "I don't comment on media transfer speculation" bar confirming that no club had made an offer. But he's so pathetically eager to please the player,the club and the media he runs off at the mouth talking utter bollocks that just pisses off the people who can give him a properly hard time: the supporters. He's not going to have to hide in the dugout because the press think he's unhelpful. Instead he goes on about "big clubs" as if we're Accrington fuckin Stanley.

We're never going to be a club with a real global reach (as man city are finding out, it takes more than just money) but ffs he should know the score after four years. Don't play into to the hands of journalists who have already written the story and are just looking for quote to finish it off.

I know it could be easily argued but his use of "big clubs" makes me fucking despise the cunt.

Absolutely. That and calling man U 'United' even when our clubs meet. Edited by Howmanheyman

If he'd had any common sense he'd have perhaps gone down the road of "I don't comment on media transfer speculation" bar confirming that no club had made an offer. But he's so pathetically eager to please the player,the club and the media he runs off at the mouth talking utter bollocks that just pisses off the people who can give him a properly hard time: the supporters. He's not going to have to hide in the dugout because the press think he's unhelpful. Instead he goes on about "big clubs" as if we're Accrington fuckin Stanley.

We're never going to be a club with a real global reach (as man city are finding out, it takes more than just money) but ffs he should know the score after four years. Don't play into to the hands of journalists who have already written the story and are just looking for quote to finish it off.

In a nutshell.