Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I honestly just don't get the trade argument. It's pretty obvious we are going to continue to trade freely with the EU.

As for the rest of the world, the country who we export the most to is the USA. Do we have a trade deal with them?

I honestly just don't get the trade argument. It's pretty obvious we are going to continue to trade freely with the EU.

As for the rest of the world, the country who we export the most to is the USA. Do we have a trade deal with them?

Only if we accept free movement and contribute a la Norway. People won't accept that. We'll have to accept WTO until we can strike up a deal, will take years and it won't favour us.

Afaik the EU does not have a preferential deal with the US yet , that's what ttip was which is now scuppered. Canada has so far taken 7 years and still has a few more to go. Goes to show how complex these negotiations are, and therefore how ridiculous it was to trust the public on a referendum.

Negotiating free trade deals doesn't happen overnight, CT. it took the U.S the best part of a decade to sort theirs out with South Korea.

I'm not saying it does. What I'm saying is this. (IMO)

We'll continue free trade with EU

We'll continue to trade with USA as now

We'll continue to trade with most of world as we do now. (Bar the deals negotiated by the EU )

We'll have Freedom to improve most of the deals we currently trade on WTO terms.

I'm not saying it does. What I'm saying is this. (IMO)

We'll continue free trade with EU

We'll continue to trade with USA as now

We'll continue to trade with most of world as we do now. (Bar the deals negotiated by the EU )

We'll have Freedom to improve most of the deals we currently trade on WTO terms.

How? We're not getting free trade without free movement. All 27 member states agreed that in Wednesday. May and Gove have insisted free movement isn't an option.

They and the party machinery are too scared to say it now but things will change over the months. Some form of FOM will happen and we will be in the EEA. They are seeing how this can be spun... :lol:

The establishment are too intertwined with the EU as is business to even contemplate a total break with the Sector 7.

I do realise how inconceivable this sounds at the moment.

Edited by Park Life

They and the party machinery are too scared to say it now but things will change over the months. Some form of FOM will happen and we will be in the EEA. They are seeing how this can be spun...:lol:

We'll see but I seriously doubt that is possible. Switzerland have been trying without success for years. Yes, we're a bigger economy than them, but not THAT big. Our economy will be shrinking soon too and nee bugger will be able to afford a BMW.

The only thing that might change this will be contagion. Either way, it's not good for us.

If we aren't in the EEA we'll become a serious threat to the EU. If we deregulate like mad we'll be attracting investment and so on from all over the world...The EU don't want that. Something like 82% of the world economy is outside the EU iirc...

There is so much shit we could get rid off in a swoop the EU's head will be spinning. Tariffs or no tariffs it will be cheaper to make things in the UK than the EU.

Later we can go after their banks and the euro. ;)

Edited by Park Life

If we aren't in the EEA we'll become a serious threat to the EU. If we deregulate like mad we'll be attracting investment and so on from all over the world...The EU don't want that.

True. This deregulation is probably the main motivation of the Brexiteers and this scares me.

True. This deregulation is probably the main motivation of the Brexiteers and this scares me.

If properly handled with the State redistributing wealth and investment with correct financial instruments it shouldn't be an issue. After all its what the Germans did in the 50's and 60's. ;)

Btw in tune with the earlier discussion bloke in the bar when confronted with UK population density in London and the Southern Canton said, 'It's your fault you have too many blacks and Asians'! :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Btw, what made you learn Chinese.

It seemed like a useful language and the course involved a year in China which was a cool thing to do, I thought. I'm pleased I did it. Can't say there's much use for it in Newcastle though.