Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The Corbyn / momentum thing (when the history books are written), will probably be viewed in a similar way to Brexit.

People not happy with the status quo, lead a merry dance by a few shadowy figures, a “popular” frontman, some clever social media and a gullible congregation.

Thats about it in a nutshell.

Oh whatever CT. If this makes you feel better about yourself in your vote, then you go on believing it.

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

How the fuck can the left centre reform when Corbyn has hijacked it? There is no central party left. In our political system, you can only have 2 parties with a chance of power, as proven by the SDP split in the 80s. 

Lets just get back to ewerk's point. Look at the fucking state of the tory party. Its almost unbelievable that despite this they are polling better than the opposition. Corbyn is as much as the problem as the tories. Perfect storm of ineptness. 

So ignoring the point about this being an international collapse of the centre, which I will assume means you've conceded as true, you're now asking me how the centre can do anything. Well, they could have started by actually trying to fucking understand anything about Brexit and the movement behind Corbyn. The fact that both things caught them so fucking cold, shows how utterly out of touch they were. Corbyn is clearly not going to be around long, so maybe a few centrists could start establishing a platform that addresses the concerns people have when this comes about. We can't go back to how things were. The world changed, the centre needs to catch up. Corbyn clearly isn't the answer in terms of politicaly viability, but his approach even on things like immigration, is fucking worlds further towards addressing people's concerns than anything the centre has spat out in decades.

But yes, he's polling terribly. Quick, let's see if we can get some handsome young, ambitious politician to go in there and smooth things over with some more classic centrism. The French are absolutely loving that. 5 weeks of utter chaos now is it?

Edited by Rayvin

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Maybe you should consider that all the elder statesmen, Blair, Brown, Major (and I'm sure Thatcher  would have been) are all vehemently opposed to Brexit. Far superior people to the current crop of shit heads. Even Thatcher. 

Thatcher literally created the 'underclass'. I mean, that's a strong fucking statement Renton. She destroyed the social fabric of the country for corporate gain. I will concede that, as this was her intent, she was competent at least.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Thatcher literally created the 'underclass'. I mean, that's a strong fucking statement Renton. She destroyed the social fabric of the country for corporate gain. I will concede that, as this was her intent, she was competent at least.

Competence and evil aren't mutually exclusive.

Thatcher like most tories loved the EU when it was just about trade, not so much when it became about workers rights. 

I'd also point out that if Corbyn hadn't been perceived as so shit then May would never have called a GE and we'd be heading for a harder brexit if they'd still had a majority - certainly would have been the case if Cooper had won.

The fact that he did better than expected may yet stop it altogether - albeit more by accident than design. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

Maybe you should consider that all the elder statesmen, Blair, Brown, Major (and I'm sure Thatcher  would have been) are all vehemently opposed to Brexit. Far superior people to the current crop of shit heads. Even Thatcher. 

Nah, Thatcher warned very clearly about the way Europe was going. Too much power building in Brussels.

Only CT could think that utterings of that gormless attention seeking buffoon are in any way relevant to this issue. Every single verb he speaks is always, always about Piers Morgan first and foremost. He’s in the frame to become Trumps chief of staff so he’s aligning himself accordingly. No doubt  so he can be on the inside when Trump is impeached or arrested etc so he can make a fortune from book deals etc :cuppa:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Only CT could think that utterings of that gormless attention seeking buffoon are in any way relevant to this issue. Every single verb he speaks is always, always about Piers Morgan first and foremost. He’s in the frame to become Trumps chief of staff so he’s aligning himself accordingly. No doubt  so he can be on the inside when Trump is impeached or arrested etc so he can make a fortune from book deals etc :cuppa:

The relevance (context 2nd ref), is his fronting of a morning TV show and his 6,500,000 million followers.

To date I’m not sure that anyone with that sort of “clout” has come out for no deal.

"No deal" is (deliberately, I'm sure) a terrible name for it. It (deliberately, I'm sure) implies far more of a retention of the status quo than the actual destruction of the status quo involved.

Please don't tell me enough people are going to fall for this again, just like they fell for £350 million on the side of a bus and other easy soundbites.

This country, honestly.

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

"No deal" is (deliberately, I'm sure) a terrible name for it. It (deliberately, I'm sure) implies far more of a retention of the status quo than the actual destruction of the status quo involved.

Please don't tell me enough people are going to fall for this again, just like they fell for £350 million on the side of a bus and other easy soundbites.

This country, honestly.

I mainly only use Facebook for family and very close friends. I do however have this one work colleague on who is constantly liking and sharing numerous anti EU stuff that is quite breathtakingly untrue. I mean right off the scale.

If your circle of “friends” is outside of this type of stuff, then you (not you personally), may think a 2nd ref is a pretty safe bet for remain.

I think it could be even bigger for leave. 

The labour shadow chap, when pushed on Marr, said Labour would be voting for their Brexit deal in a people’s vote.

Could either of the parties avoid backing Brexit?

25 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The relevance (context 2nd ref), is his fronting of a morning TV show and his 6,500,000 million followers.

To date I’m not sure that anyone with that sort of “clout” has come out for no deal.

And not one of those people have a vote on what happens next....

49 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

D834CC40-D77A-4A99-B16A-855E66A0CF04.jpeg

He’s the worst type of human being. He’s intelligent enough to know that what he’s saying is wrong but says it anyway in order to draw some attention to himself.

You’re just like him minus the intelligence.

10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

To be clear I absolutely loathe Thatcher and her ideology. But her "children" are even worse. I hate nearly every MP in Parliament now, and not just ye tory ones. They are collectively destroying this country. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Nah, Thatcher warned very clearly about the way Europe was going. Too much power building in Brussels.

Thatcher was a major player and believer in the SM. Before senility took over, I'm 100% sure she would have been Remain (more to the point, she would never have entertained a referendum). Better to fight your battles from within than outside. 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Anyone who gives a fuck what Piers Morgan thinks needs to have a quiet word with themselves 

I watched a canny documentary about concorde on bbc4 last night and Morgan was mentioned as being one of the "celebs" on the last ever flight and having a "fight" with Jeremy Clarkson on board. Should've chucked the fuckers out at mach 2.

• Like 2

I can't watch this shit anymore. It's all just a game to them. Stupid old cunts like Bill Cash giving it the "nothing is agreed til everything is agreed" patter. I hope he's dead before the 29th March 2019, the irresponsible old cunt.

May is a treasonous cunt playing this high risk game of chicken. She's delayed the vote by more than a month. We'll be only 2 months away from the Brexit date by then, with no deal as the default. We'll literally only have the options of crashing out or rescinding A50, and the stupid cunt is stubborn enough to go for the former.