Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Fair point.

Still, it's well past time for this to not be a problem anymore, I'm fed up of worrying about it, I can only worry about so many things at once and this is taking up a lot of space on that list.

I really think no deal is just a bluff. It will never get through Parliament. Fuck knows where we’ll end up, but I’m fairly sure it won't be no deal.

It’s down to Labour to be grown ups now. We can take it as read that the Tories will be the self serving cunts they have always been (and always will be), so only Labour can stop this by forcing another referendum. They need to put the country first as we’re running out of time.

How anyone, who isn’t either a tax avoider, a racist, or a fucking cretin, can vote Tory after all this, I do not know.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

It will never get through Parliament. Fuck knows where we’ll end up, but I’m fairly sure it won't be no deal.

It's literally the legal default. There is no majority for anything at the moment. If May doesnt rescind A50 (and do you really think she will), it will happen. When people like Ivan Rogers warn about it, you should be concerned. Whether by accident or design, its a real possibility. 

Edited by Renton

32 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I really think no deal is just a bluff. It will never get through Parliament. Fuck knows where we’ll end up, but I’m fairly sure it won't be no deal.

It’s down to Labour to be grown ups now. We can take it as read that the Tories will be the self serving cunts they have always been (and always will be), so only Labour can stop this by forcing another referendum. They need to put the country first as we’re running out of time.

How anyone, who isn’t either a tax avoider, a racist, or a fucking cretin, can vote Tory after all this, I do not know.

Problem is labour don't have the votes - the tory so called rebels fall meekly back in line when it matters. They might get close if they could get the dup on board but still won't have enough. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Problem is labour don't have the votes - the tory so called rebels fall meekly back in line when it matters. They might get close if they could get the dup on board but still won't have enough. 

DUP wont get on board. They want no deal and hate Corbyn. There may be enough tory remain rebels to get a no confidence vote, but i doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's literally the legal default. There is no majority for anything at the moment. If May doesnt rescind A50 (and do you really think she will), it will happen. When people like Ivan Rogers warn about it, you should be concerned. Whether by accident or design, its a real possibility. 

You’re always going on about Ivan Rogers, let it go Renton, you’re never going to meet him.

• Haha 1

I would say I hope that Rogers stuff goes national - it also puts to bed the idea that even after a GE victory, Labour could get a better deal and might increase the support for another vote. 

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Another £2bn approved for it today.

Thank god our NHS, schools and social care system are in such good shape or I would be slightly miffed at such a waste of money.

£4.2bn in total.

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Another £2bn approved for it today.

Thank god our NHS, schools and social care system are in such good shape or I would be slightly miffed at such a waste of money.

It’s ridiculous. It’s not even a blinking game anymore with an Enrico Monicone background song.

A no deal scenario looks very likely with postponing this farce being the only solution available.

On 17/12/2018 at 15:59, ewerk said:

I passed a massive yellow bus emblazoned with 'BOLLOCKS TO BREXIT' on my way out of Dublin this afternoon. It's one way to promote your message I suppose.

Didn't go down too well in county Durham (high mackem demographic).... 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/17308554.brexit-tensions-boil-over-in-durham-as-leave-protestors-halt-remain-bus/?fbclid=IwAR0F5UQODtZ54GXWFtZ1SXqwHgxFJj1hmu9a5sRWz-LO229LiqZ00xx9JKc

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

40-odd middle aged, angry mongs in hi-viz jackets. Has CT been in here much today? 

Dropped by our manager here yesterday that we all probably lose our jobs if a no deal goes through and the WA leaves us in a very dodgy position also.

The guys here haven't been paying that much attention to the shambles so far but I'm willing to bet, based on the flurry of questions I got thereafter, that they will be doing now!

BAU.

Just now, Andrew said:

Dropped by our manager here yesterday that we all probably lose our jobs if a no deal goes through and the WA leaves us in a very dodgy position also.

The guys here haven't been paying that much attention to the shambles so far but I'm willing to bet, based on the flurry of questions I got thereafter, that they will be doing now!

BAU.

Hey @Christmas Tree , any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

BAU.

That fucking sucks. 

Will it affect your ability to stay in NZ? 

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That fucking sucks. 

Will it affect your ability to stay in NZ? 

My visa is reliant on me working specifically at this job so very much so.

There are a lot of variable obviously and not all is lost as yet! Fingers crossed someone able to do something sees sense at some point but it is increasingly worrying the longer this goes on.

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

My visa is reliant on me working specifically at this job so very much so.

There are a lot of variable obviously and not all is lost as yet! Fingers crossed someone able to do something sees sense at some point but it is increasingly worrying the longer this goes on.

I think with NZ in particular there would be a temporary extension of our current EU trade deal in the event of no deal.