Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Phil said:

I've never understood the remain stance of a second referendum.  There is no way the leave campaign will accept a second referendum that is anything other than leave no deal or leave with this deal.

What is the colour of the sky on your planet?  Think about it.  Leave won, the follow up question can only be "how".

To suggest you can overturning the original vote with a narrower leave option vs remain is laughable.  The outcome would be ignored and the Brexit party would run in the next GE picking up a lot of protest votes. 

Wake up and smell the coffee.  You lost accept it.  If you truly want to stop no deal, stop blocking every option on the table.

The next election will be a hung parliament and the king makers will be either the Lib Dems or the Brexit party.  Remain are playing a very risky game.   Foolish if you ask me when you factor in they are banking on Corbyn.

The only thing worse than a Tory cunt is a thick Tory cunt 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well this all seems perfectly normal.

I suppose there may be movement after the 31st at least as they may be thinking its another humiliation for him if it goes that far.

If the concern is that an election on 12th December is outside of university term time and therefore damaging to opposition parties, why not just VONC the govt next week, which forces the election into January, and then negotiate an end March extension or something. 

Do any of you ever wonder what it must be like to live in a country with reasonably functioning institutions and competent governance?

Must be weird to actually have people serving the public good. Cant really imagine it tbh.

Edited by Rayvin

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Do any of you ever wonder what it must be like to live in a country with reasonably functioning institutions and competent governance?

Must be weird to actually have people serving the public good. Cant really imagine it tbh.

We have a Government out to actively harm the British people & damage the economy. It's mind blowing how people just take it. 

Nobody benefits from Brexit or Conservative governments apart from very, very rich people. 

There are vastly more poor people than rich people but here we have it, stupid poor people voting for stupid rich people whilst the rest of us are left scratching our heads. 

• Like 3

:lol: Labour are a fucking basket case. Hard to disagree with the above though. There are people on twitter that will argue black is white that Labour basically didn't lose the last election because they performed better than polls suggested and because the Tories lost their majority. All in defence of the cult leader. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: Labour are a fucking basket case. Hard to disagree with the above though. There are people on twitter that will argue black is white that Labour basically didn't lose the last election because they performed better than polls suggested and because the Tories lost their majority. All in defence of the cult leader. 

Cults aside, what is it that they expect to do? The independent sees a remain coalition picking up 60 seats from the Tories. Labour just needs to hold on to heartlands and it'll be fine.

I understood the political smarts of putting off this election but if they do it much longer they're going to end up reinforcing this idea that they're just running scared.

I do not believe that they'll get a wipeout and am reasonably optimistic that they'll do better than the polls suggest. And if it does all go to hell, at least they'll be rid of Corbyn.

I think they pretty much have to go for an election now, but the comment about Corbyn is accurate. His canonisation by some of the Labour membership is batshit. He's been an absolute disaster at a time when opposing this government should have been a cakewalk. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think they pretty much have to go for an election now, but the comment about Corbyn is accurate. His canonisation by some of the Labour membership is batshit. He's been an absolute disaster at a time when opposing this government should have been a cakewalk. 

I'm never going to agree that this period was a cakewalk for Labour. No matter who was in charge they'd have the same issue - how to square their leavers with their Remainers. And I think the current policy is actually the most sound of any of the political parties.

Boris isn't storming the polls because Corbyn is ineffectual, it's because he's propped up by Brexit diehards. And Labour have lost about 10-12% of their polling due to remain diehards. Reverse those two phenomena and Labour are probably a few points clear of the Tories outside of Brexit.

No Labour leader would be able to reverse that. The only policy position that could do would be full blown remain, but that costs us the election even if Labour do slightly better for themselves.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20191027-102226_Twitter.jpg

This is what conservative leaders don't have to worry about and for all that you can laugh at the mail for being the mail there's a lot of people out there who lap this shit up. 

• Like 1

Aye, true. I love how the Mail's headlines have got longer and longer in the past year or two. Normal headlines couldn't adequately express their hatred so they're pretty much the first paragraph of the story now. 

I bet the first draft for the above was "LOOK AT THIS CUNT!"

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, true. I love how the Mail's headlines have got longer and longer in the past year or two. Normal headlines couldn't adequately express their hatred so they're pretty much the first paragraph of the story now. 

I bet the first draft for the above was "LOOK AT THIS CUNT!"

:lol:

I loathe the likes of the mail and the fact that a massive part of this country's problems for years now has been the press and their owners telling the gullible how to think reinforcing bollocks like 'our boys' false patriotism and the like. We've genuinely got the worst press in the world considering the likes of Russia and North Korea have got a metaphorical gun to their heads and not much choice.