Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mean could just ask why aren’t there any checks on EU goods entering the country when that’s not the case for our goods entering the EU I suppose. The problem is you need to be clever when asking questions to someone who either just lies or repeats barely relevant soundbites. 

• Like 1

Utterly fucking depressing really, isn't it? But we knew all this in 2016. It was diagnosed as Project Fear. Now it's Project Fact.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

The problem is you need to be clever when asking questions to someone who either just lies or repeats barely relevant soundbites. 

I don't think there's any question that Starmer could ask about Europe where he could get anything but an accusation of being pro-EU in return.

It's the media who need to step up the pressure on this.

• Like 2

I didn't know where to put this, but this felt the best place.  I have just got back from a long weekend in Belgium.

Fuck me, what an absolute fucking shit hole we live in.  It's utterly depressing.  The whole of the A1 is basically a landfill site.   There's some junction's a landfill site would have less litter in.

Operation Brock (was stack) was in full flow because of thee weather & also the P&O situation.  But the poor truckers had tailbacks of 25 MILES.  No facilities, nothing.  I bet some where there for well over a day, exceeding their driving limits.  Fucking disgusting the way we treat people.  We were delayed by 2h on the tunnel, which in comparison is fuck all like.  But when we got there its clear they're short staffed.  The car terminal hardly had any cars there, there was hardly anyone in the terminal.  The place was dead.  Yet we were delayed for 2h?  Coming back, was similar.  Then get to passport control.  We get pulled by the UK passport people asking us all sorts of questions.   We both have Irish passports and I think that spooked them :lol:

• Like 5

Then of course the difficulty travelling abroad means more domestic tourism, turning places like Cornwall and the Lakes into shit holes. And as I said previously, people just accept it as normal. It wasn't just 3 years ago.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Renton said:

Then of course the difficulty travelling abroad means more domestic tourism, turning places like Cornwall and the Lakes into shit holes. And as I said previously, people just accept it as normal. It wasn't just 3 years ago.

Nail on the head there.

'just accept it as normal'

That's where a lot of issues stem from now.  Parking on pavements etc

• Like 1

The cost of living hikes over the past 2 years is nothing short of disgraceful. In the same period wages have remained stagnant meaning it's the consumer being fucked over and again, people accept it as 'normal'.

Filling the car up last night cost £85 for a small hatchback! I've had letters this month from my mobile provider, ISP and water board saying charges are increasing, the cost of everything in the supermarket is rocketing on the quiet, Council Tax has increased by 5% for the 2nd year running and lets not even start on gas & electricity. 

And then you've got the patronising cunt of a Chancellor telling us he appreciates how difficult it is for people / he's the chancellor who has presided over the biggest pandemic / yadda, yadda, yadda. He hasn't got the first fucking clue what poverty is, the silver spoon licking cunt. The attitude of Tory sympathisers who utter "it is what it is" fucks me off too. Like this just needs to be accepted. No, fuck off! There's a genuine reality that 2/5 of the population are heading towards an impoverished state. It's appalling. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Craig said:

The cost of living hikes over the past 2 years is nothing short of disgraceful. In the same period wages have remained stagnant meaning it's the consumer being fucked over and again, people accept it as 'normal'.

Filling the car up last night cost £85 for a small hatchback! I've had letters this month from my mobile provider, ISP and water board saying charges are increasing, the cost of everything in the supermarket is rocketing on the quiet, Council Tax has increased by 5% for the 2nd year running and lets not even start on gas & electricity. 

And then you've got the patronising cunt of a Chancellor telling us he appreciates how difficult it is for people / he's the chancellor who has presided over the biggest pandemic / yadda, yadda, yadda. He hasn't got the first fucking clue what poverty is, the silver spoon licking cunt. The attitude of Tory sympathisers who utter "it is what it is" fucks me off too. Like this just needs to be accepted. No, fuck off! There's a genuine reality that 2/5 of the population are heading towards an impoverished state. It's appalling. 

Aye, the same Chancellor who has saddled us with the highest tax burden since the 1940's.

The idea that you increase tax revenue through economic growth seems to be an alien concept to the jug eared cunt.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, the same Chancellor who has saddled us with the highest tax burden since the 1940's.

The idea that you increase tax revenue through economic growth seems to be an alien concept to the jug eared cunt.

The same chancellor whose wife is richer than the fucking queen, the dwarf cunt

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That can't be right. He's a low tax chancellor, he's told us. Shame about our estimated 5% GDP cut entirely due to Brexit, which was confirmed again recently. Still, it's only money. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Major incident might be called in Dover this weekend. This is all turning out swimmingly.

Just to let you know, BBC news this morning reckons this is because of ferries and covid and other countries are also suffering similarly including Australia. 

Are there any people on here who voted for Brexit who still back it, or who have subsequently changed their minds?

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Are there any people on here who voted for Brexit who still back it, or who have subsequently changed their minds?

Didn't vote for it and fell out my my Dad big time over it. 

The referendum was flawed from the outset - Cameron, absolutely confident we'd remain, made it a simple 'in/out' referendum. He gave the British people no mechanism to have their say on whether they were happy with the terms of a deal in the event we left the EU - there should have been a 2nd vote with the ability to elect to remain if the terms of the deal were not favourable. But that should have been identified before the 2016 vote. 

I also think a change in state (i.e. leaving the EU) should have required a 2/3rds majority.

All fucking academic now though, sadly. What I do know is the generation of new voters want absolutely nothing to do with the Tories on account of the last 6 years. I suppose that is a positive.

Just now, Craig said:

The referendum was flawed from the outset - Cameron, absolutely confident we'd remain, made it a simple 'in/out' referendum. He gave the British people no mechanism to have their say on whether they were happy with the terms of a deal in the event we left the EU - there should have been a 2nd vote with the ability to elect to remain if the terms of the deal were not favourable. But that should have been identified before the 2016 vote. 

I also think a change in state (i.e. leaving the EU) should have required a 2/3rds majority.

All fucking academic now though, sadly. What I do know is the generation of new voters want absolutely nothing to do with the Tories on account of the last 6 years. I suppose that is a positive.

Agree with all of that.

Also think there should be recourse for the many lies told by the Out campaign. No at the ballot box, but in the courts.

Just now, The Fish said:

Also think there should be recourse for the many lies told by the Out campaign. No at the ballot box, but in the courts.

I agree with that too. It was fucking scandalous. 

My daughter is 20. She's grown up in Maria Miller heartland, has a Tory for a mother and her Maternal Grandad is an ex-Tory councillor. She's said she'll never vote Tory so long as there is blood in her veins. My son repeatedly calls Boris a fat lying cunt and says he'll never vote Tory in his life. My work is done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

I agree with that too. It was fucking scandalous. 

My daughter is 20. She's grown up in Maria Miller heartland, has a Tory for a mother and her Maternal Grandad is an ex-Tory councillor. She's said she'll never vote Tory so long as there is blood in her veins. My son repeatedly calls Boris a fat lying cunt and says he'll never vote Tory in his life. My work is done.

My Mrs grew up in posh Yorkshire, whole family voted Tory for pretty much their entire lives. 

Rescued her from the dark side, rescued one of the sisters... the other one is tricky because she's got a cunt of a Kiwi boyfriend who is a big fan of Trump and anything 'contrarian'.

40 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yes. Rees-Mogg said before the referendum it should be two stage, of course the Victorian Hat stand sharp changed his stance once he won. As well as requiring a super-majority, there should have been a requirement for all 4 home nations to vote affirmatively, otherwise, well, we get what we have now.

One other point. The referendum was advisory. The irony of this is the (proven) illegal funding of Vote Leave cannot affect the outcome. If the vote was a mandatory referendum, the result would have been annulled. It's such a fucking stitch up its unbelievable. These idiots that bleat on about democracy have zero understanding of what democracy actually is. And now slowly but surely, it's being taken away from them even as they cheer their "victory".

Revenge Of The Sith Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars