Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Another trip abroad and another opportunity to be thankful for the fact that I’m Irish. It took me 45 minutes getting through the EU passport queue at Geneva but the non-EU queue was about five times longer and wasn’t moving at all. I genuinely felt sorry for 48% of them.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

Another trip abroad and another opportunity to be thankful for the fact that I’m Irish. It took me 45 minutes getting through the EU passport queue at Geneva but the non-EU queue was about five times longer and wasn’t moving at all. I genuinely felt sorry for 48% of them.

Not sure whether there'll be some kind of transition period in some places as we maybe still have EU passports (mine runs out this year as it happens) but when I went to Cyprus last October I started off joining the non-EU queue before realising everyone else off the flight had gone for the EU one which turned out to be right.

I suppose it'll become clearer this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, trophyshy said:

My business has seen sales to the EU drop to almost nothing. Previously they were about 40% of our total revenue. Seriously considering relocating to France.  

If you relocate to France though won't that just mean you'll get back the 40% and then actually be 20% down on the 60% sales you have now? You'll just have the same hassles for selling to UK as you currently have for selling elsewhere won't you?

34 minutes ago, peasepud said:

If you relocate to France though won't that just mean you'll get back the 40% and then actually be 20% down on the 60% sales you have now? You'll just have the same hassles for selling to UK as you currently have for selling elsewhere won't you?

A fair call, however the U.K. is about 5% of our sales. I couldn’t give a fuck if we lost that.  

50% USA 

40 % EU

5% ROW

Anyone with a similar global customer base will be fucking off, or at least establishing subsidiaries.  We’re not really big enough to do that.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, trophyshy said:

A fair call, however the U.K. is about 5% of our sales. I couldn’t give a fuck if we lost that.  

50% USA 

40 % EU

5% ROW

Anyone with a similar global customer base will be fucking off, or at least establishing subsidiaries.  We’re not really big enough to do that.  

Which industry are you in, out of interest?

The missus, and therefore our two sons, are French otherwise it’d be Limerick for sure.  

@Rayvin mostly I work with John Avon, I also do a bit with Ian Miller and a couple of lesser knowns.    

• Like 1