January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been talking to 5 players now for a few weeks: Looks like Mapou,Gouffran,Remy,Hadiera,Sissoko...So, it looks like they are looking for another striker.

Edited by Park Life

Sammy Ameobi making sarcastic comments on twitter regarding the increasing French influence. Could the situation make the local lads feel isolated / cut off? Not really sure if I care, so long as they're fucking worth it.

The local lads and products of our academy haven't shown enough to warrant any special considerations being made towards them.

We need quality players, doesn't matter where from.

Sammy Ameobi making sarcastic comments on twitter regarding the increasing French influence. Could the situation make the local lads feel isolated / cut off? Not really sure if I care, so long as they're fucking worth it.

Sammy Ameobi can go fuck himself and take his brother to watch.

It was hardly a cynical comment he was just making a joke ffs.

Dwayne Dibbley can do one if he's going to start creating, he's another 'championship at best' squad player, like his brother. Don't get me wrong, I like having the Ameobi brothers around but for the good of the team's achievements they need to know their place and if the French players are better than them then that's too bad.

On the topic of Ricky Van Dog-shlong I'd be more than happy with him playing for us, deffo worth bringing in and to be honest would make up considerably for the loss of Ba. That said I'd still think we'd need another striker after that, we needed an extra striker before Ba left.

Then there's the Colo situation, again we needed cover for the CB position before Colo staying or going came about - this new lad Mbiwa looks good but we need another if Colo's off. Still don't see how San Lorenzo aren't getting shit from FIFA for tapping up and the state of affairs itself is a joke unless either Colo or San Lorenzo are going stump up some serious cash, the guy's under contract and that should be enough to give us a hefty stick to dictate things with.

From NUFC.COM

Played as a central striker in Sunday's 0-1 home loss to Paris SG, he's also featured in a wide right role. To date this season, Gouffran has notched a dozen goals for Bordeaux - eight in the League and four in Europe

I didn't have him down as an out & out striker mind.

He's a replacement for Lovenpants, be interesting to see if the club have a replacement for Ba earmarked.

My worry is we were banking on him staying in this window and have no contingency plan. Given how public our dealings are, it's too quiet on the striker front.

Could be a ploy so we're not having to shell out £25m and £100k a week in favour of sneaking a striker in under the radar mind...

Well fook me, assuiming all these players do come in we've got a pretty decent squad then. Minus the striker. Know everyone's said this already BUT WHY THE HELL CANT HAVE THIS BEEN DONE IN THE SUMMER?

Really hope we havent left it too late, no matter what the quality of the players they arent going to come in and start gelling together immediately in the situation we are in. Oh well at least it looks like the club is making a serious effort to save itself this time.

When was the last time we went after potential world class players. Mbiwa and Sissoko are certainly two. Get that striker in and survive and we may just overlook this shamlbes of a season :)

Sammy Ameobi can go fuck himself and take his brother to watch.

Dwayne Dibbley can do one if he's going to start creating, he's another 'championship at best' squad player, like his brother. Don't get me wrong, I like having the Ameobi brothers around but for the good of the team's achievements they need to know their place and if the French players are better than them then that's too bad.

:pmsl:

You guys