January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Better news for #nufc: my understanding is agent of Moussa Sissoko on Tyneside today. Also represents a striker by the name of Cheick Diabate (Bordeaux). Not sure if they're looking at pre-contract for summer or not. Over-shadowed by Colo news obv.

Good player but hardly what we need with Tiote, Cabaye, Anita, Bigi and all the others. You do get the feeling after the Anita signing that we just look for good deals regardless of if we need a player in that position

If we're going to play 3 in centre midfield though then tiote cabaye anita and bigi aren't really enough for a full season especially with bigi being so young

Why all the struggles this season?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9129072/Newcastle-United-buck-Premier-League-trend-by-posting-profit-as-Mike-Ashleys-club-perform-on-and-off-field.html

07 Mar 2012

As things stand, Telegraph Sport can also reveal the club is on course to make a profit of around £10m for the forthcoming financial year, money that will, managing director Derek Llambias has assured, go straight back into the club for player recruitment.

Transfer expenditures: 16.465.000 € = -1.665.000 €

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/newcastle-united/transfers/verein_762.html

Did we just try to make Jeremie Aladiere our Ba-replacement???? The guy's been piss poor all his career, might aswell try luring back Best and Lovenkrands....or start Adam Campbell.

My 3 year deal runs out this year I think.

£10m profit for the club, a league one pair of centre backs, the loss of 2 of our best players, no investment in repairing that, no possibility of a better manager coming in and potential relegation. .

Where do I sign up for the next 3 years

My 3 year deal runs out this year I think.

£10m profit for the club, a league one pair of centre backs, the loss of 2 of our best players, no investment in repairing that, no possibility of a better manager coming in and potential relegation. .

Where do I sign up for the next 3 years

Swansea

So it looks like we're after Tomkins from West Ham as a new centre back. Thing is we need someone who can command the line, run the back four, we have nobody able to do that if Colo goes. Williamson is a good squad central defender but the rest of the central defenders at the club are either too young, not strong enough or Steven Taylor (and all he does is run around blaming everyone else for his fuck-ups). We need a solid replacement for Colo, I can't think of anyone that's likely to be available though, even if we can poach someone established at another team for such a role they'll be costly no doubt.

Lot of meetings being held in Paris. As many as 5 players might come in. [/fantasyland]

I see LEquipe said we were treating France like a Lidl store :lol:

So it looks like we're after Tomkins from West Ham as a new centre back. Thing is we need someone who can command the line, run the back four, we have nobody able to do that if Colo goes.

Colo doesn't do that does he? Leads more by example than by pointing. Steven Taylor is big on telling people what to do... But he's shit. We just need a couple of capable defenders.

We would have done better this season if he was fit. He definitely isn't shit.

Oh I completely agree with that but he's not exactly anything special and wasn't playing well at all before his injury.

Oh I completely agree with that but he's not exactly anything special and wasn't playing well at all before his injury.

Never said either of those things ;)

Edited by Gejon

Valenciennes are up on ESPN in 5 minutes so a good chance to watch some of the players that we have been linked to.

I cancelled ESPN because I was always out watching those games at the pub. So it falls to you, Jonny, to evaluate and report on these players for us.