Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

But Do you care whether the guy from The Times gets to speak to Steve McClaren or not? is the wrong question to ask. The right one is, do you care about transparency, independence and choice?

Caulkin is a great journalist and for me cares deeply about Newcastle United and its supporters but I think he sometimes forgets he works for Rupert Murdoch :cuppa:

A certain Sir Alex Ferguson banned practically all the media at one time or another. I don't remember any uproar at the time from the media concerned. Ashley knows that certain media are anti him and individuals at the club in order to sell newspapers. Let's face it, a negative story will always outsell a positive story. I am sure that Carver's ridiculous outbursts with all the media who would print anything he said did not do the image of Newcastle any good.

How much could an exclusive interview with Steve McClaren actually be worth?

Didn't Mike Ashley switch the lightbulbs in the offices to save a tiny bit of cash? He's very much a "save the pennies" kind of businessman.

• 4 weeks later...

So, Mike Ashley has a "personal relationship" with the editor of the mirror. The deal that is in place with that paper could just be down to that or "might" include sports direct ads in that paper. The Journo's are pretty pissed off about it and they have been told they still only have limited access to McClaren so they really need to keep their noses clean as it were. The Journo's are drip fed some snippets by the club and they make of that what they will.

A number of the Journo's think that McClaren could do well though they are being careful giving too much praise due to being damned when they do as being "leaned on " by the club.

Ashley apparently doesnt care at all what the Mirror write about him, the Journo's have free reign on that front. But get the idea that the club itself is a bit more sensitive. Maybe why MA is distancing himself from the operation.

I'm still making sense of the above. As you can tell its from recalling a conversation Ive had with a journo. The bit that rings true for me is that its possible MA gets free advertising for SD and the paper gets preferred access to the club. Sounds just the sort of thing he would put in place.

Simon 'the cunt' Bird will no doubt have had his wings clipped, which is a shame given he's a sympathetic voice of reason not found much within the red tops.

He's gone quiet since his Austin "done deal" shambles a fortnight ago.

How many signings are we making this week?

Simon 'the cunt' Bird will no doubt have had his wings clipped, which is a shame given he's a sympathetic voice of reason not found much within the red tops.

Agree with this... journo been sold down the river by his bosses iyam....spent last season criticising the club for their relationship with the sun only to be put into the same situation himself. Possibly given the Austin "exclusive" to keep.him onside...??...

He's gone quiet since his Austin "done deal" shambles a fortnight ago.

Yeah. Must be embarrassed1

1 An emotional reaction people have sometimes when they are wrong.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt