Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

If the club loses premiership status then Ashley's/Sports Direct loses his 2 hours of free worldwide advertising every fortnight. The football is a mere inconvenience lose the premiership status and we will be worth next to nothing for him & that's why i think he'd pull the plug.

For once The Fish is right, this is nonsense. If he wanted out, he'd look for the way out that was the least costly to him and which netted him the best return (i.e. minimised the loss he made on the club). He wouldn't just "pull the plug" and voluntarily wind the business up.

What repercussions do you have in mind?

He'd sell up and fuck off not before he asked for his loan money back it's nothing personal (well it is to him) it's just business if you dont think he'd do it lets hope we stay up because that's exactly what i could see him doing it would be his ultimate revenge.

He'd sell up and fuck off not before he asked for his loan money back it's nothing personal (well it is to him) it's just business if you dont think he'd do it lets hope we stay up because that's exactly what i could see him doing it would be his ultimate revenge.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34100-mike-ashley-football-cunt/page-89#entry1337285

We would not be worth next to nothing. the value of the players, the stadium, the training grounds, the ...

Oh what's the point.

Aye we're fucked everythings shit and we're going to die.

The stadium is only worth what someone would pay for it if buying the club. It has no intrinsic value in of itself. He couldn't flog it to a developer for instance.

And where would he get the loan money from?

I don't see any reason why he would close the club down other than spite and I really think he's too interested in money to ever do that. I can't really fathom anyone thinking otherwise.

And even for the sake of spite it could be argued that what he's doing now is worse than if he closed the club down (at least then we could start a fresh).

Seriously mate, Ashley isn't out for revenge. What he's doing to us isn't an active demonstration of his hatred for us. He feels nothing but apathy towards us - he runs the club like a business, and the shit decisions are just fall out from that. If he really wanted to sabotage us, we'd have crashed out of the PL ages ago.

Not to mention that my albeit limited understanding of administration suggests that as a director, he would be personally responsible for payment of all outstanding club debts if it could be proven that he had acted irresponsibly (which, if he sabotaged us, he most certainly would have done). This would likely include player contracts. It might even disqualify him from taking up a directorship anywhere else for a couple of years, although someone of Ashley's means would doubtless be able to work around that.

Either way, he's an indifferent prick, not a malicious one.

Edited by Rayvin

And where would he get the loan money from?

Sell anything and everyone, he has no personal attachment to the club his only interest is the advertising take that away & he has no reason to stick around.

But he's already stealthily sabotaged the team by not investing. Just to make it clear im not suggesting he would deliberately get us relegated what i am wondering is why he would stick around with the team in the Championship. Unable to give his fortnightly dose of free worldwide tv advertising.

Sell anything and everyone, he has no personal attachment to the club his only interest is the advertising take that away & he has no reason to stick around.

Selling the entire squad wouldn't cover his loan.

The stadium & training grounds ?

The club doesn't own the land the stadium is built on so it's worthless without a football team in it.

Edited by ewerk

The club doesn't own the land the stadium is built on so it's worthless without a football team in it.

Ah well we'll just have to grin and bare it for the next 8 years then

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt