Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Just seen the sky saturday goons talking about Palace and Pardew, absolutely and to no great surprise there was not one mention from them of the fact he's now lost the last four in a row. :lol:

We don't charge for the Sports Direct hoardings because we don't need to? What kind of non-thinking idiocy is this?

Why don't we charge another company for those hoardings?

Fucking Hell, what a dolt.

Agreed, total and utter nonsense. We played from 1993/94 all the way up to 2008/09 with no relegation's, we could now be relegated for the second time during Ashley's tenure and narrowly avoided it the season before last. Ashley has been a nightmare for this club.

It's just another example of this 'know thy place' bullshit that gets thrown at us by fans of other clubs.

Hopefully the relaxing of FFP will allow someone to come in soon and fix this.

They've been so lucky, but I'm not going to begrudge them that. They've been shit all season, but you can't say they haven't tried. They'll be in the same position next year, but this time they might not have the 6 points we gifted them.

Even if we'd drawn the home game against them, we'd be safe and they'd probably be down (Away to the Champions rather than home to Man Utd).

They've been so lucky, but I'm not going to begrudge them that. They've been shit all season, but you can't say they haven't tried. They'll be in the same position next year, but this time they might not have the 6 points we gifted them.

Even if we'd drawn the home game against them, we'd be safe and they'd probably be down (Away to the Champions rather than home to Man Utd).

Sunderland are just better at this shit than we are. Moreover, over the course of the season, based on the table, they're the better team. At least using the logic you were applying in the QPR thread.

It's a bit like saying we're lucky because if we hadn't had that run or 6 games, or whatever it was, we'd be down already though.

Sunderland are just better at this shit than we are. Moreover, over the course of the season, based on the table, they're the better team. At least using the logic you were applying in the QPR thread.

I'm not saying they aren't the better side over the course of the season? I'm saying they're where they are for the same reasons we're where we are. A combination of quality, application and fortune, be it good or mis. They've enough application and fortune to make up for their lack of quality. We've lacked application and fortune throughout the season and our quality isn't good enough to make up for that shortfall.

It's a bit like saying we're lucky because if we hadn't had that run or 6 games, or whatever it was, we'd be down already though.

True enough. I mentioned our result more to express frustration that we've kept them up, again, rather than suggesting they were lucky to beat us.

I'm not saying they aren't the better side over the course of the season? I'm saying they're where they are for the same reasons we're where we are. A combination of quality, application and fortune, be it good or mis. They've enough application and fortune to make up for their lack of quality. We've lacked application and fortune throughout the season and our quality isn't good enough to make up for that shortfall.

Sorry, the first comment I made was in reference to your luck claim - I don't think they're lucky, I just think they got their arses in gear; the rest of my post was just a general lamentation about the state of our club, not a criticism of your argument.

Sorry, the first comment I made was in reference to your luck claim - I don't think they're lucky, I just think they got their arses in gear; the rest of my post was just a general lamentation about the state of our club, not a criticism of your argument.

The Everton game & the one last night? I'd say they were very fortunate. Both opposition hit the woodwork a couple of times, both of sunderland's goals against Everton would, on another day, have been chalked off.

Not begrudging them their luck, but they have been very fortunate in my opinion.

Good read from a journal err, "journo"...

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/opinion/am-giving-up-newcastle-united-9299068?fb_ref=Default#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Consider this too: Mike Ashley is clearly a very successful businessman yet he and his senior staff have managed to put Newcastle United at risk of relegation at the very point when a highly lucrative TV deal has made the club more profitable than any time in its history. To say that it is idiotic would be to invite howls of protest from halfwits everywhere.

I was thinking much the same about not trying a leg in the cups...thats worked out well :lol:

Good read from a journal err, "journo"...

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/opinion/am-giving-up-newcastle-united-9299068?fb_ref=Default#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Consider this too: Mike Ashley is clearly a very successful businessman yet he and his senior staff have managed to put Newcastle United at risk of relegation at the very point when a highly lucrative TV deal has made the club more profitable than any time in its history. To say that it is idiotic would be to invite howls of protest from halfwits everywhere.

I was thinking much the same about not trying a leg in the cups...thats worked out well :lol:

I wonder if the brilliant team of analysts who decided trying in the cup was too risky have compiled any data on sides who get knocked out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle every year.

I wonder if the brilliant team of analysts who decided trying in the cup was too risky have compiled any data on sides who get knocked out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle every year.

They'd just need to ask Paul Joannou

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt