Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the sheer lack of ambition that irks me - what about getting Lukaku on loan or something?

For me we need two strikers - after last year I'm not going to count Ameobi as for the majority of his games last season all he did was hold the ball up, facilitating the long ball game and making us incredibly predictable.

If they aren't arsed about signing players we'll be lower mid table again - if we're lucky we'll look like we could go down and then Mike might get the cheque book out again .

Mbiwa is looking a better fulback than central defender. Colo looks like he will be returning to Argentina.Williamson needs to go. Shola ,Jonas and Obertans need to go.Cabaye is looking to be away and possibly HBA.Cisse's agent has been mouthing off about Cisse leaving.Of course a lot of that could be paper talk,but i wouldn't put money on any of those french speaking players being around come August.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

Given me play one up front most of the time, I reckon a first team striker and centre half is about right.

It's be happy for Williamson and/or Perch to be fourth choice CB - if we can upgrade them then fine. The big question is are we buying a colo replacement or a Williamson upgrade, cos they're not the same player.

It's the sheer lack of ambition that irks me - what about getting Lukaku on loan or something?

For me we need two strikers - after last year I'm not going to count Ameobi as for the majority of his games last season all he did was hold the ball up, facilitating the long ball game and making us incredibly predictable.

If they aren't arsed about signing players we'll be lower mid table again - if we're lucky we'll look like we could go down and then Mike might get the cheque book out again .

The nails on chalkboard irritating thing is depsite all the blunders of last season we still have a squad here to be reckoned with. If only the Fat One could just draw on a tiny trickle of ambition.......... :huff:

We don't though - it might show more next season but the players were on their last legs towards the end of this one - mentally and physically.

With all the extra money coming in the transfer market will see teams strengthen more than usual - and we're after two players? It's quite obvious which way this is going.

I think Mourinho's said somewhere that Lukaku is going nowhere so thats that.

Good because the mackems were after him and last year he was West Brom's best player!

I've got to say anyone who was thinking of renewing their season ticket must now be seriously reconsidering.

Even those who have made 4 payments on it already?....I'm renewing it because of that, and also because I'm a Newcastle United supporter, for good or bad. I suppose there a quite a few reasons for renewing...those that just want to watch live top divison football, some may just do it out of habit, some willing to give Ashley/Pardew another chance after the good season when we finished 5th, those who can't help themselves, some who think it's actually good value price wise, if not quality wise. Ashley has surprised us before with his signings, and there was a theory not too long ago we did business very well; good players, bought relatively cheaply, without long drawn out "auctions" etc. Theres no reason to expect that we're not doing that sort thing this summer. Thing is, Pardew has got to do better from the start, or he's toast. After the last 3 home games of last season he needs a very solid beginning to the season...if the fixture list is unkind, that could be it for him and we could be looking for a new manager in the Autumn..

If we kept hold of everyone and bought only one striker and CB would it really be a big disappointment? Personally I don't think so. Less games to worry about and the new guys from January now understand what the league is about. Last season IMO was a blip.

We don't though - it might show more next season but the players were on their last legs towards the end of this one - mentally and physically.

With all the extra money coming in the transfer market will see teams strengthen more than usual - and we're after two players? It's quite obvious which way this is going.

Easily good enough for 8th to 10th imo. Not to forget the lack of Thursday night games next season. And there's no way we are getting the same amount of injuries again.

Unless of course Pardew decides to keep playing Sissoko on the wings and Cabaye deep in our own half :lol:

Anyway 10th is what we're aiming for arent we so no surprised then we're going after just one or two players.

If we kept hold of everyone and bought only one striker and CB would it really be a big disappointment? Personally I don't think so. Less games to worry about and the new guys from January now understand what the league is about. Last season IMO was a blip.

Depends on who the two are. If its the likes of Abumeyang and Douglas then it will be hard not to pretend to be happy. If, as is probable, its another gamble or two from the continent then we're asking for trouble again.

Which is why I said the 2-3 players is dependent on us not losing anyone in the squad

Taylor playing a full season is unlikely - he's prone to injuries. That leaves us again with Mbiwa playing alongside Willo or Perch if Colo is to move on. Nowhere near good enough a defensive pairing for the prem.

We need a new full back too. We're alright with Santon & Debuchy as starting full backs, but Simpson is likely to leave which means an injury to either of them and we're stuck with Perch playing there. Again - not good enough for this league.

Up front we have one striker. One. Our backup striker is Shola, who is in his twilight years of a not terribly goal-laded career. I'd assume we'll sign Carlton Cole given he's played for Pards before, but do we really want him to be the only arriving striking option? I'm not convinced we'll sign Aubameyang (sic) as he wants CL football. Too much to ask of Campbell if we're not going to invest; he needs a season out on loan.

Taylor playing a full season is unlikely - he's prone to injuries. That leaves us again with Mbiwa playing alongside Willo or Perch if Colo is to move on.

Again, 'If we don't sell anyone'.

Which bit is hard to grasp? If Colo leaves then we will need 2 centre halves. If not, 1 more added to the squad is more than enough

Fernandinho set to join Man City for around 35M.

Even the likes of Norwich have signed Wolfswinkle havent they? West Ham trying for Negregedo.

We get linked with bloody Spearing :rolleyes:

I really, seriously, don't want to hear a fucking peep about finishing tenth or wherever this year. I would however like them to state we aim to play our strongest side available for the cup games and emphasise that this is the Club's priority for the season to the players and all concerned as to be frank I'm fucking sick of seeing other fans having their day in the sun whilst we clock up yet another year since we won something. It's a fucking disgrace a club of our size has went as long without silverware and putting up with abject mediocrity and I've absolutely no confidence at all that these chumps in charge will do anything to change this anytime soon.