Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-suarez-madrid-top-destination-player-115922595.html

My favourite part is this bit:

The press have made me feel bad since the moment I arrived in England, they have never judged me on how I play football, they judged me on my attitude."

Suarez also blamed his public perception for the reason he was not chosen as the PFA Player of the Year last season, adding: "They said I dived, moaned, postured, they said I was racist, they said everything.

He must be pretty thick to be so oblivious.

Would be class if we pulled it off, he's on a free isn't he? The article mentions 1.7m a year is the wage we're offering, which fits our wage cap.

Yep that's the wage he has been offered according to the article. Lazio weren't willing to meet that salary.

Had a brief scan through an article earlier about Jozy Altidore, I must admit I thought he was older than 23 but going by his goal stats in the Dutch league he looks quite good. Altidore and Bony upfront would be awesome imo, seeing as I can't see us signing Carroll back any time soon ;)

Found the article btw: http://www.cominghomenewcastle.com/2013/6/11/4417386/Jozy-Altidore-Newcastle-United-NUFC-A-Z-Alkmaar-transfer-rumor?

Edited by TheMoog

The local journos seem to think it has legs. Pretty underwhelming after some of the names linked

The local journos are probably being told it has legs by Bent's agent though :lol: Think KCG gets it right. Has he been to France on as much as a booze cruise to Calais? ;)

This is a good little blog and I think the 10 points he puts forward are good reasons why we wont buy Bent.

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/2012/08/fan-blog-applying-soccernomics-to-newcastle-united-transfer-policy-explained/

• A new manager wastes money.
  • Stars of recent World Cups and European Championships are often overvalued.
  • Certain nationalities are overvalued.
  • Older players are overvalued.
  • Buy players with personal problems at a discount then help them deal with their problems.
  • Employ relocation advisers to help new players settle in to the area.
  • Use wisdom of the crowds.
  • The best time to buy a player is when he is in his early twenties.
  • Sell any player if a club offers more than he is worth.
  • Replace your best players before you even sell them.

Of course we have never done number 10 so I could be wrong.

This is a good little blog and I think the 10 points he puts forward are good reasons why we wont buy Bent.

http://www.nufcfans....licy-explained/

• A new manager wastes money.

• Stars of recent World Cups and European Championships are often overvalued.

• Certain nationalities are overvalued.

• Older players are overvalued.

• Buy players with personal problems at a discount then help them deal with their problems.

• Employ relocation advisers to help new players settle in to the area.

• Use wisdom of the crowds.

• The best time to buy a player is when he is in his early twenties.

• Sell any player if a club offers more than he is worth.

• Replace your best players before you even sell them.

Of course we have never done number 10 so I could be wrong.

That book is known in some parts as "The Leazes Mag Bible" and like all fundamentalists he took the one thing he agreed with in it i.e. "the teams who spend the most are almost always the most successful" and repeatedly repeated it until it drove him mad :) The bit they've quoted in the blog is by far the most interesting thing in the book and indeed is very relevant to where we are as a club. You'll find out about number 10 if we sell Cabaye this summer and Vurnon Anita plays 30 odd games next season ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

I'd be heavily dissappointed if we signed Darren Bent.

£70k a week?! I really can't see Ashley spashing the cash to get him as there will be little re-sale value with his age (29?) and injury-proneness.

He'd become the new "Shola, get warmed up" on 65 mins week in week out while delivering nothing on the pitch, and for that wage we could have another 7 French players doing the same thing.

Who else we'd go for in a similar category / premier league experience is hard to think of though, Odemwingie ? could work out well for our new sponsers too ....

Odemwong-ie.......

no? i'll get my coat