Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Whose career has not been enhanced at Newcastle over the last 2 years?

exactly

the only one who may have suffered is Ben arfa I think, just due to his injuries though not down to the manager

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, whats all the worry about retaining our best players then if they've all been ruined here :lol:

Aye, whats all the worry about retaining our best players then if they've all been ruined here :lol:

There's no point retaining those players when Pardew doesn't want to play football...

Get Cole, Crouch and Carroll, the fantastic three C's, and keeping aiming for 13th place, Pardew, that's where you belong in a good season. Mediocre is the new awesome.

Edited by Aeris

There's no point retaining those players when Pardew doesn't want to play football...

Get Cole, Crouch and Carroll, the fantastic three C's, and keeping aiming for 13th place, Pardew, that's where you belong in a good season. Mediocre is the new awesome.

Yes, I think we get it now.

Even for your first year watching football, you're incredibly poor at making the easiest of points.

Okay, but surely you're not suggesting Pardew has some magical affect on players? I would say two seasons ago Ba and Cisse and that's it. Tiote had his best season under CH and we all saw Ben Arfa's brilliance before Pardew got here. Ba scored for fun for two halves of a season, but he scored everywhere he's been. Same with Cisse - same type of player for us as he's been for his other clubs even though we think he is a revelation. Then who? Anita? The dime-a-dozen mf? Please.

Colo? I think last season was his worst ever. I think Cabeye also has had his career enhanced, yes.

Anyway, this post was written more out of frustration than anything else. I, like all of you, just want our club to succeed.

Edited by LooneyToony

Okay, but surely you're not suggesting Pardew has some magical affect on players? I would say two seasons ago Ba and Cisse and that's it. Tiote had his best season under CH and we all saw Ben Arfa's brilliance before Pardew got here. Ba scored for fun for two halves of a season, but he scored everywhere he's been. Same with Cisse - same type of player for us as he's been for his other clubs even though we think he is a revelation. Then who? Anita? The dime-a-dozen mf? Please.

Colo? I think last season was his worst ever. I think Cabeye also has had his career enhanced, yes.

Anyway, this post was written more out of frustration than anything else. I, like all of you, just want our club to succeed.

He's - rightly - suggesting that at one point or another almost all of them (apart from Anita) have seen their value increase by virtue of playing for Newcastle United. They all proved they could play to a high level in the Premier League, and almost all of them came from inferior leagues so of course they'll probably be worth more now than they were playing for Lille or Twente etc.

defo a Pellegrini signing. he gives Man City some variation in their play and also he's very good at playing between the lines, and has explosive pace - which Man City have definitely lacked this year

I can only assume that means if we keep hold of our current squad which is fair enough. A centre half and 2 strikers added to what we have is good enough if we stay injury free and that spacka Pardew stops playing Shola/Sissoko as wingers

I can only assume that means if we keep hold of our current squad which is fair enough. A centre half and 2 strikers added to what we have is good enough if we stay injury free and that spacka Pardew stops playing Shola/Sissoko as wingers

Unless we're expecting the likes of Vukic to come in and suddenly be premiership-level midfielders then we'll struggle just as much as last season.

I don't see Ben Arfa and Cabaye staying if our only ambition is to sign two players when we need at least 2 strikers and centre backs in.

Dont think it will be as bad as last season to be honest. A fully fit and raring to go Sissoko et al may make a considerable difference. 8th to 10th should be achievable.

Nonetheless there's no denying we need 3-4 signings to challenge for 5th-6th again, and at least 2 out of those (striker and CB) need to be quality ones.

Unless we're expecting the likes of Vukic to come in and suddenly be premiership-level midfielders then we'll struggle just as much as last season.

I don't see Ben Arfa and Cabaye staying if our only ambition is to sign two players when we need at least 2 strikers and centre backs in.

Why do we need 2 centre backs to go with Colo, Taylor and Mbiwa?