Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thank God something has happened to take us off the back pages.

Pennant has signed a year long extension to his Stoke contract.

Looks like that Douglas guy we were linked to isn't coming...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8782638/

However, the 25-year-old will now not be moving to St James' Park and Sky Sports understands that the decision was made by new director of football Joe Kinnear.

Kinnear has wasted little time in stamping his authority on the transfer policy at Newcastle, as Douglas's representatives - who were due to fly to England on Thursday - have been informed the club will no longer be pursuing the deal.

It is understood Kinnear has already identified other defensive targets for the club to move for this summer.

Ok I'll chance my arm on the rumor mill I've been subjected to this morning. Cabaye out, Sissoko out !!! (really???!!) , Cisse out!!!... I sincerely hope all these predictions are wrong.

Who could he possibly get better than Douglas, on a free, for the reported under 50k wages. This bloke hasn't wasted time has he 2 phone calls making us the national laughing stock and now he's apparently turned away a quality player.

As much as I hate JFK being part of this club I have been thinking about this. Was Douglas a replacement for Colo? Does the fact Colo is now definitely staying mean they think we don't need him?

I think you're right. We need a 4th centre half assuming Williamson is on his way, but it's not exactly a priority area, and I certainly won't be someone on 50k a week.

It does seem a bit stupid to turn away a player we have obviously scouted and tracked for at least a season who is available on a free. As was said before, I look forward to the better quality free transfer coming in as a replacement.