Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 then, 40+ games between them.

2 I'd say... Harper was 3rd choice.

And those 2 got all their games before the January window. They have been replaced.

The worry to me is the lack of signings, not the offloading of players we all thought shouldn't be in the first team anyway.

And those 2 got all their games before the January window. They have been replaced.

The worry to me is the lack of signings, not the offloading of players we all thought shouldn't be in the first team anyway.

Without him we would have had Jak Alnwick in goal at the end if the season though. His only first team football was at Gateshead for 8 games

We need 3 keepers in the first team squad so its still another player that needs replacing regardless of if you class him as a regular

I haven't got the stats to back it up but fairly sure Simpson and Perch played more

Than a handful of games post January too. With Taylor injured we currently have 3 players who play at full back. And if you want to include Mbiwa that leaves us with 2 players who can play CB (Williamson doesn't count) which makes the decision not to sign Douglas even dafter

£55m for Suarez. He's a good player but 55 million quid. I'm amazed Wenger sanctioned a bid of £40m never mind 55. Even in the 80's people were saying there's too much money in football, but it's just ridiculous now.

£55m for Suarez. He's a good player but 55 million quid. I'm amazed Wenger sanctioned a bid of £40m never mind 55. Even in the 80's people were saying there's too much money in football, but it's just ridiculous now.

Holy shit!

They will be swiftly told to fuck off, and L'Equipe are full of shit.

Not if they get a shit load for Suarez and offer us stupid money.

The only reference I can see for £55mil is Rodgers saying he wouldn't sell even if he was offered that much

Aye same, no reference to an actual bid

I haven't got the stats to back it up but fairly sure Simpson and Perch played more

Than a handful of games post January too. With Taylor injured we currently have 3 players who play at full back. And if you want to include Mbiwa that leaves us with 2 players who can play CB (Williamson doesn't count) which makes the decision not to sign Douglas even dafter

From 1260 minutes that NUFC played once the window closed....

Perch played 466 minutes...a little over one game in three.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/9563/Fixtures/James-Perch

Simpson 261 minutes...one in five...

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/23683/Fixtures/Danny-Simpson

I'm pretty sure if you look in the "who should we sell" threads, those 2 would be pretty frequent choices.

I agree we're short of options, but I really can't work up any distress over any of these players going. Said it in the Perch thread, if he's on £20k a week and we didn't get the fee we did and he was off on a free next summer, then it would cost us almost £2m to keep him...for 13 games, that's over £150k a game. He's never that valuable to us.

Aye that says £40mil, you said Wenger had sanctioned a bid if £55mil?

I didn't say that at all, read it again. I said I was amazed Wenger sanctioned a bid for £40m, I didn't specifically say he sanctioned a bid for £55m.

Not a lot to get excited about with our lot. Might as well speculate about the destination of buck toothed cheating shit of a footballer then. I think Suarez will go abroad if he goes at all.