Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't let Campbell go on loan - he's second or third choice striker at this stag.

Kuqi standing by his phone, waiting to save the day

Campbell needs to play week in week out if he's to progress.

Just ridiculous, clubs needing strikers a lot less than us are shelling out big money for them while we wait for God knows what chasing have beens like Bent. Absolutely bloody depressing.

Despite knowing what happened last summer, and despite knowing who runs this club, I still thought we'd have gotten in someone by now.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I've got a bad feeling about Gomis.

Same here, cant even say why to be honest. Just think we'll be lucky if he can score more than 10 goals in a season.

Gomis ... Agreement reached according to L'equipe.

http://www.lequipe.fr/info-continue/transfert

"Selon nos informations, un accord aurait été trouvé entre Newcastle et Lyon pour le transfert de l'attaquant Bafé Gomis. La somme serait de huit millions d'euros mais certains détails (commissions, indemnité de solidarité) seraient encore à régler."

According to our information, an agreement has been found between Newcastle and Lyon for the transfer (of Gomis).. The sum will be 8m euros but certain details (agent fees, bonuses) still need to be sorted out

Gomis has to be an improvement on the alternative - which is no one. If he scores one goal all season it's still better than where we're heading otherwise.

Gomis could turn out to be a good buy for all I know, but I dont get your logic there. Might as well buy a cheap goalkeeper for 500K and stick him up there then, he'll probably score a goal or maybe even two in the season. Better than the alternative, which is noone.

Gomis could turn out to be a good buy for all I know, but I dont get your logic there. Might as well buy a cheap goalkeeper for 500K and stick him up there then, he'll probably score a goal or maybe even two in the season. Better than the alternative, which is noone.

Ok fair enough, I was exaggerating. Ultimately my point should have been that he has to be better than not bringing in a striker at all. You would hope.

He scored 16 goals in 32 games last season iirc. With better players around him hopefully he will be able to equal that

Miles better defenders... Let's wait until the deal is inked though.

There are numerous agents who all want a fee though, not quite done yet. Why footballers don't just pick one agent is beyond me, if anything having more than one usually does them out of a move they want

They are all mates who get in on different elements of the deal so 'everybody get paid'.

He scored 16 goals in 32 games last season iirc. With better players around him hopefully he will be able to equal that

You think we have better players than Lyon?

I think strikers in the premiership generally score more than those in France. That's what I'd be hanging my hopes on rather than him playing with better players.

They are all mates who get in on different elements of the deal so 'everybody get paid'.

It obviously takes a huge number of people to get the deal "over the line"......

You think we have better players than Lyon?

I think strikers in the premiership generally score more than those in France. That's what I'd be hanging my hopes on rather than him playing with better players.

Yes, i think we are a better side than Lyon.

Ok fair enough, I was exaggerating. Ultimately my point should have been that he has to be better than not bringing in a striker at all. You would hope.

They've gotten us down to that point now havent they? :lol:

I suppose my reservations about him are mainly because he's never had a great scoring record and he isnt exactly young. I'd be delighted to have him now, given like you say the alternate which is Shola, but its just infuriating we weren't in for the likes of Van Wolfswinkle and Bony.