Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

They've gotten us down to that point now havent they? :lol:

I suppose my reservations about him are mainly because he's never had a great scoring record and he isnt exactly young. I'd be delighted to have him now, given like you say the alternate which is Shola, but its just infuriating we weren't in for the likes of Van Wolfswinkle and Bony.

28 is a strikers prime...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've gotten us down to that point now havent they? :lol:

I suppose my reservations about him are mainly because he's never had a great scoring record and he isnt exactly young. I'd be delighted to have him now, given like you say the alternate which is Shola, but its just infuriating we weren't in for the likes of Van Wolfswinkle and Bony.

I wouldn't say Van Wolfswinkles's record suggests he's a better bet than Gomis. Yes he's younger and his goals per game is slightly better but it's in Holland and Portugal where we've seen some of the worst strikers the premiership has seen score at a much better rate.

Bony has a much better record but again it's only in Holland. It remains to be seen if he can do it in the big time (and Malmo most certainly don't count, Shola would have had a couple against them last night!).

No need for apologies. Personally I think that 2m (with a view to a permanent deal) would be good value for Remy, however distasteful I find the idea of going in for a player accused of rape who already knocked us back for more money in January. We could certainly do worse.

I wouldn't say Van Wolfswinkles's record suggests he's a better bet than Gomis. Yes he's younger and his goals per game is slightly better but it's in Holland and Portugal where we've seen some of the worst strikers the premiership has seen score at a much better rate.

Bony has a much better record but again it's only in Holland. It remains to be seen if he can do it in the big time (and Malmo most certainly don't count, Shola would have had a couple against them last night!).

Gomis is about 28, I hope he can do a job for us but perhaps thats the most we can expect from him. Whereas with the likes of the younger lads mentioned above there was always the chance they could develop into one of the top strikers in the league in years to come. I dont know too much about Van Wolfsiwnkle but Bony certainly has the ability.

Either of those two could fail. They'll find the PL hard going once the tackles go in. Portugese league is shit as a whole and Holland as a competition isn't much better. VW is well over hyped..I'd say of the 3 I'd take Gomis who I don't really rate as top tier. At 28 if he doesn't do it now he never will. His lack of pace is the biggest drawback but he seems strong and gets a few goals. Let's see. If he gets 12 goals that will do first season.

Edited by Park Life

With the additions of remy and Gomis it makes me feel better about the upcoming season

I would love if we played

Krul

Santon Mbiwa collo debuchy

Cabaye Sissoko

Remy Arfa Goufrann

Cisse/Gomis

Will most likely play

Krul

Santon Mbiwa collo debuchy

Remy cabaye sissoko arfa

Cisse Gomis

The good news for #nufc fans? Club wants TWO strikers and wages & few agreed with Gomis. The delay is down to... 1/2

...haggling with French super-agent Pierre Frelot (Gomis' client). He blocked Erdinc move in 2011. #nufc hopeful of resolution this time...

More details on that and how #nufc made fresh contact with Bent/Remy in today's Journal. Will post link when uploaded on site!

The good news for #nufc fans? Club wants TWO strikers and wages & few agreed with Gomis. The delay is down to... 1/2

...haggling with French super-agent Pierre Frelot (Gomis' client). He blocked Erdinc move in 2011. #nufc hopeful of resolution this time...

More details on that and how #nufc made fresh contact with Bent/Remy in today's Journal. Will post link when uploaded on site!

For clarity, thats what Mark douglas posted on twitter.

coming to something when we're buying cheap again, and people are excited about a struggling (sometimes French international) who has a goal ratio of less than 1 in 2 - and loaning a guy who snubbed us for cash and has rape allegations hanging over them.

And people say toon fans are fickle ey?

I'd seriously rather we had bought bent or that lad that went to Cardiff , even if Bent did play for the mackams.

If we're going to increase the French contingent I'd rather they were quality players with good attitudes right now, this year is going to be emotionally testing.

I'd also add that I find it strange that Pardew / NUFC's obvious placement of key players in the shop window, with media comments has gone ignored. Trying to offload Cabaye, Tiote and Taylor is pretty shit, once again putting revenue before the actual sport of the whole thing.

<end rant>

Edited by scoobos

What lad who went to Cardiff?

Less than 1 in 2 bad now? Fair enough if less than 1 in 2 is 1 in 10 but when it is marginally less than 1 in 2 I think your expectations are a little high :lol: