New Strips?

Christmas Tree

I find it inoffensive but I'm not spending £50 on it and I'm not buying a shirt with WONGA! written on it.

Unless the home kit is lush. Which it's not.

I think BVB will get the bespoke designs and we will get the ''templates''. We get cheap shite because people buy it in the masses - Shepherd played the same game albeit with a better brand.

Aye this years red and Marker pen green ones were Templates you could batch order for Sunday league teams and stuff, bout £20 each, whack a badge and sponsor on it and charge double, Puma couldn't be any lazier tbh. Monroe is right in all they don't even try with the Dortmund kits either, sack of shite tbh. Not that I buy them like but would just prefer the kits to look like they've have at least some effort put in them.

Was the Cameroon 'onesie' from a few year ago a Puma effort? the one that got banned for having a zip on the shoulder, imagine the clip of Jonas in one of them.

It's not that bad. It's just so... template-ish. Like they've spent 2 minutes choosing what colours to go with and just left it at that.

It's not ugly or anything.

it could be anyone's kit though...

I would love to see the yellow away kit come back and find a company that could be arsed to put some effort into designing our strip.

Has it already got a Sports Direct tag sale hanging inside it?

Pretty much a non-effort away kit there, but I'm far more concerned with the leeks of the home kit, the collar bit looks awful. How they can over-design such a simple job is a joke.

I honestly believe that we should take more care with our strips.

People from here WANT to buy a shirt but more often than not the reaction is a resounding "meh".

I know that they will always sell a certain amount of shirts no matter what they look like among the soopafans but there are people like me :quotes: over the seas :quotes: with £50 to spunk on something toony that will never get spent.

Can you imagine if we hired a designer to make our shirts the coolest looking shirts in football. :wank: I would love it if we got known for having kits that other fans would look at with envy.

There are no circumstances whatsoever that would make me waste my money on that soulless nylon arse rag. :huff:

Edited by Asprilla

Can you imagine if we hired a designer to make our shirts the coolest looking shirts in football. :wank: I would love it if we got known for having kits that other fans would look at with envy.

Thing is though, a company like puma should be able to get this. They surely must have some input from fans, people outside their company. But then they go and stuff it all up by over-designing kits every season instead of keeping it clean and simple

Edited by scotty84

Puma make Borussia Dortmund's strip and it looks lovely. Our strip this year and that supposed new away top look like dogshit.

As a company surely they should know that the nicer the design, the more they can sell.

Still have never topped the old grandad collar from 96. I still have mine and it's pretty much in same condition as when I got it.

Thing is though, a company like puma should be able to get this. They surely must have some input from fans, people outside their company. But then they go and stuff it all up by over-designing kits every season instead of keeping it clean and simple

:good:

I'm thinking big here too.

Like how sometimes a product can cross over into the mass market and make a fortune.

A simple iconic, cool as fuck, slightly retro, well designed home and away kit could bring in a new player every year.

Isn't the regard the strips are held in affected by the performances on the pitch? The Championship Yellow strip is still liked by some, mainly because we won loads of games in it.

Anyway, the people who buy the strips will buy the strips regardless of what it looks like.

Isn't the regard the strips are held in affected by the performances on the pitch? The Championship Yellow strip is still liked by some, mainly because we won loads of games in it.

Anyway, the people who buy the strips will buy the strips regardless of what it looks like.

Doesn't mean it's not worth trying to make them good....

Doesn't mean it's not worth trying to make them good....

No, just that it doesn't matter. They could design the best strip ever, but if we were relegated in it, people would forever think it shit. If we wore this when we won the league, we'd fucking love it.

united%20strip.jpg