New Strips?

Christmas Tree

Isn't the regard the strips are held in affected by the performances on the pitch? The Championship Yellow strip is still liked by some, mainly because we won loads of games in it.

Anyway, the people who buy the strips will buy the strips regardless of what it looks like.

Not really.

Anyway, can't see the fuss about the new away shirt if indeed it is the new shirt, seems pretty simple and neat and it's only an away shirt after all but I'd like to see a decent effort for our home shirt but doubt we'll ever have a decent one again.

On a slightly related note, I vividly remember the smell of the first Asics strip (the black and white one we debuted in the 7-1 vs Leicester). I remember going with my mam and dad to get the full strip from the old shed style club shop.

I was in the club shop a couple of weeks back and noticed the retro shirts. Couldn't resist having a smell of the replica of that particular strip - it smells exactly the same as I remember.

On a slightly related note, I vividly remember the smell of the first Asics strip (the black and white one we debuted in the 7-1 vs Leicester). I remember going with my mam and dad to get the full strip from the old shed style club shop.

I was in the club shop a couple of weeks back and noticed the retro shirts. Couldn't resist having a smell of the replica of that particular strip - it smells exactly the same as I remember.

I tried that in the lingerie section of Fenwicks and the Bastards threw me out.

No, just that it doesn't matter. They could design the best strip ever, but if we were relegated in it, people would forever think it shit. If we wore this when we won the league, we'd fucking love it.

united%20strip.jpg

I'll see your 80s Boro monstrosity and raise you the father of a well known and particularly attractive-for-her-age televison presenter...

yorath_zpsa89c3f2a.jpg

No, just that it doesn't matter. They could design the best strip ever, but if we were relegated in it, people would forever think it shit. If we wore this when we won the league, we'd fucking love it.

united%20strip.jpg

Of course you'll sell more shirts if it's associated with winning something. I don't see why that means you shouldn't spend more than 5 minutes designing the kit in the first place though.

Of course you'll sell more shirts if it's associated with winning something. I don't see why that means you shouldn't spend more than 5 minutes designing the kit in the first place though.

You're presuming that this isn't exactly how the designers and the club want the shirt to look. It's taste; there's no accounting for it. They could spend millions of pounds and thousands of man hours and the shirt may still look shit to us.

:dunno: doesn't matter though.

You're presuming that this isn't exactly how the designers and the club want the shirt to look. It's taste; there's no accounting for it. They could spend millions of pounds and thousands of man hours and the shirt may still look shit to us.

:dunno: doesn't matter though.

I made the point earlier that people have set ideas about what looks good.

Adidas Gazelles, Fenders/Gibsons....you can think that it doesn't make a difference and I can think it does.

After that we're going round in circles. :dunno:

Why is twitter full of what are apparently nufc fans claiming to love the kit?

It's acceptable at best

They might be 15 and not know any better?

I like it myself, but have a problem with the fact that it's yet another template.

Either way, I get a shirt every season, so I think I'll wait to see what the other options are like, And yes I wear them at more than just the match :blush2:

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Hang on - I thought Puma were going to put forward designs to the fans to choose from this year via the club?

Or was I dreaming that?

Wasn't just me then? That 'promise' soon got forgotten about.... thanks Dekka / Wonga :lol:

tbh my feelings these days are the same as Gemmill's - i'm not going to lose sleep over how good / sh*t the kit is, it's how we play that matters.

If we produced a kit that everyone raved about and then we had the sh*ttest season on record, we'd soon want to forget about it. No coincidence in my view that the apparent two most popular kits in recent memory are the grandad collar and the thick striped NTL kit - both which evoke great memories.

In a similar vein I hated the club crest for years when it changed in 1988 and yearned for a return of the NUFC ball logo simply because the change coincided with a season of absolute garbage.

We're going to struggle with just two players on the books next season

Heh! Elliot has proven a great back up this season btw, had a few dodgy moments but he's played like he's a seasoned premier league keeper.

They might be 15 and not know any better?

I like it myself, but have a problem with the fact that it's yet another template.

Either way, I get a shirt every season, so I think I'll wait to see what the other options are like, And yes I wear them at more than just the match :blush2:

Dont worry, I wear it in places where nobody even knows what it is. which is like most of the country :P

No point in changing clothes for a photoshoot if you're shoulder is fucked. Raising his arm above his head will still cause agony.

Wouldn't have stopped Stevie Taylor. In fact, nothing will stop Steven Taylor from taking part in a photo shoot.