New Strips?

Christmas Tree

Description in Footyheadlines

Set to be unveiled in early July, we recently got a better idea of what to expect from the inaugural Castore Newcastle kit as the Chronicle produced a mock-up based on descriptions of the shirt.

In case you missed it, the kit deal between Castore is still not officially announced although it's been rumored about heavily for months now.

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

What's wrong with standard stripes?

Only the privileged 6 are allowed to have their standard shirts, anyone else can have theirs tinkered with as they don't matter as much and are just grateful for the money. Do you think if Liverpool or Man U had a massive white patch on the back of their shirts the fans would be happy? And if their fans weren't happy the club and media would bang their drum. There's more important things going on in the world obviously but I can't believe loads of clubs with stripes on their shirts were just told to dramatically alter it and that was ok? Then there's the sports companies who think they'll just completely alter the sleeves etc because it's only NUFC or whoever. Again, let's see them make Man U or Liverpool's sleeves all white but that wouldn't happen would it? 

• Like 6

I haven’t bought a shirt since 2010 and that was off eBay. Cheap shite marked up in price. 

I bought an England shirt for my auntie on Monday. (She’s in a care home) 

She takes child sizes, £55 fucking pound. 

Criminal.

• Like 1

I don’t mind it.

It’s like a mash up of the 96-97 granddad collar shirt that everyone loves and the 01-02 NTL shirt. I like both of those kits, mainly because they remind me of when we had good teams. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Castore announced.

where does he play? Hahahaha 

Segundo volante or mezzalo I'd heard, may bump Jonjo out of his role of fermo mostra.

You know the £5 NUFC kits you can buy on the market. The ones that just have the badge and sponsor printed on the material rather than stitched on. The ones that click when you just look at them. The training gear looks like it's made out of the same stuff :lol: 

A swing and a miss. That purple monstrosity could have been OK if it was a more palatable colour. As it stands it's worse than the banana special, best modeled by a portly Stevie Taylor. That strip became likeable because we had a memorable winning season in the Championship, there's no chance of that in the premier league.

The home strip is right out of Pro Evolution soccer.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Take away that revolting sponsor and I quite like the home kit.

That purple monstrosity on the other hand :lol:

Agree that with a tasteful sponsor the home shirt would actually be quite good.

They look like golf shirts or cycling shirts.

They’ve clearly put no effort in which is a shame. 

They’ll be about £70 and it’s just cheap shite.

• Like 1