Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm originally from N Yorkshire but living in Aberdeen at the mo. sometimes I get grief from Geordies up here (on rigs) for supporting the Toon. Funny thing is, I'm a bigger fan of the Toon that they will ever be. I might not be from the city, but my old man got me supporting them as back as I can remember, and loved them ever since. I bleed black 'n white and will follow the team through everything!

Maybe you get grief from Geordies because you've praised Ashley and referred to Man U as 'United'?

I expect Webb to allow dangerous makem tackles to go unpunished,.You know `Well done Howard Webb for allowing the game to flow'.` Well done Howard Webb for keeping his cards in his pocket'.

Other things are certain to happen ,Sessignon will be diving throughout the game,Johnson and Larrson will be running after Webb demanding he shows a red to our players and Mignolet will flap at centres and punch when he should catch.

Who else would you pick over Webb though? The refs have all been shocking this season so it makes absolutely no difference. Sunderland will be flying in with reckless challenges and try to rough us up all over the pitch as per usual with no fear of retribution no matter who the ref is.

I expect one or two of our lads to lose their heads, put in an ott challenge and get punished for it though.

Maybe you get grief from Geordies because you've praised Ashley and referred to Man U as 'United'?

Possibly the Ashley stuff but there's only one united. I do talk a load of shite most the time.

I See Gardner is out also, picked up a booking against Chelsea which he's moaning on about on the BBC site today.

How the fucking makem retard can complain about a booking for that challenge is way beyong me like. Maybe he's relating it to the challenge that wasn't carded against Haidara or Holt's on Saturday that was missed too!

Their new right winger was on about losing Graham for Sunday too. I coudn't work out whether he meant against Chelski or us.

I'm not Stevie. It's to do with the fact he can support Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Barnsley etc. rather than picking a club 100milea away and spouting Shute about them in the pub. It's the same as the arse holes from Newcastle that walk around with Liverpool and arsenal shirts on

I know you're not Stevie man. :lol:

He could have Geordie heritage or anything man. Just don't see where he is from has anything to do with his opinion. We're better than that man. :up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2306229/Craig-Gardner-blasts-Demba-Ba-Sunderland-man-sit-Tyne-Wear-derby.html

Gardner's quotes in the article above.

Basically saying Ba dived and cost him a role in the derby. The same Ba who was injured in the challenge so didn't return for the second half of the game.

He's as thick as he is ugly it seems. :lol:

Possibly the Ashley stuff but there's only one united. I do talk a load of shite most the time.

I seen someone quoting you calling them 'United'.

hes-not-the-messia_2023026i.jpg

"Now don't do it again."

;)

Can't remember being so nervous before the derby before.

I'm always relaxed me, even at the play offs I was. Put it like this right. I'm 35 now, since I was 12 years of age they've only beaten us three times, and two of them were flukes. THAT is where our arrogance regarding them comes from, well one of the many places it comes from to be fair.

Can't remember being so nervous before the derby before.

I'm not letting myself get nervous about it yet, focussed on freaking out about Benfica.

I'm always relaxed me, even at the play offs I was. Put it like this right. I'm 35 now, since I was 12 years of age they've only beaten us three times, and two of them were flukes. THAT is where our arrogance regarding them comes from, well one of the many places it comes from to be fair.

Four times surely?

Not especially nervous after the Fulham result, pressure should be off. I just can't see them scoring. Mind, with the early kick off and responsibilites, I'm going to have to face this stone cold sober like last year, which makes it more stressful, I think.

Btw, had a quick browse on the SMB and noticed they are ridiculously optimistic about this match, truly believing after one match they lost to a piss poor Chelsea they will beat us. To me this defies all common sense. And before anyone says 'anything can happen in a Derby' I'd say that's bull shit, they generally go to the better teams, our record proves that. Sure, PDC might inject some passion, but that can be counter-productive and it's something we don't lack anyway. Haven't checked the bookies odds yet, but they'll know the score.

Four times surely?

Not especially nervous after the Fulham result, pressure should be off. I just can't see them scoring. Mind, with the early kick off and responsibilites, I'm going to have to face this stone cold sober like last year, which makes it more stressful, I think.

Nar three

I was 12 still in December 1990, so since then, Newcastle 1 Sunderland 2 when it pissed it down, Newcastle 1 Sunderland 2 when Shearer missed the pen, and Sunderland 2 Newcastle 1 when we got relegated.