Cardiff - Newcastle

Aeris

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was sat outside the tyne bar the other night and noticed this douche-y looking bloke on the next table wearing these:

4ensx5-l-610x610-shoes-leopard-print-nik

Then checked it was our very own Obertan. Shuddered. Finished my pint. Left.

He's shit also, btw.

Edited by ADP

Was sat outside the tyne bar the other night and noticed this douche-y looking bloke on the next table wearing these:

He's shit also, btw.

The first thing you notice about someone is their shoes? When they have a head like Obertan.....

I wouldn't mind M'Biwa being stuck out on the left. Despite him being pretty poor at the back he should at least be more defensively inclined than Santon who lost interest in defending mid-way through last season.

Alan Pardew says he is prepared to ring the changes in his team for Newcastle United’s trip to Cardiff City.

And the Toon boss is facing a big decision over whether to relegate Hatem Ben Arfa to the bench as he goes in search of a tighter defensive display against the newly-promoted Welsh side.

Ben Arfa’s failure to track back and get tackles in resulted in his withdrawal at the break at Everton.

And it means that the Magpies could change their shape at Cardiff and fit-again Jonas Gutierrez could be used as a shield for whoever gets the nod at left-back with Davide Santon and Paul Dummett both in contention.

Mike Williamson is a strong contender to replace Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

Reverting back to a front two rather than the recently used 4-3-3 is also under consideration.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “Fortunately there are a few players who have played their way into the team in the second half at Everton.

“There’s no doubt about that.”

United fans were far from happy about the performance during that first half on Merseyside.

And when asked if there was any encouragement for Geordie fans to take down to Wales for the mammoth 636-mile round trip, Pardew said: “The second half at Everton.

“We showed some pride and that we have got good players at this club.

“We have to make sure we put a team out that gets us a result at Cardiff.”

Pardew feels that United produced enough in the second half to prove to fans that the first half display was a setback.

He concluded: “That’s what they had to do.

“There was no other way out of it.

“And not only that but play.

“We got the right combination in the second half.”

Meanwhile, Malky Mackay believes his cARDIFF team have proved they can cut it in the Premier League. With the Welsh side on eight points so far after winning promotion from the Championship, he said: “The performances we’ve put in have meant we thoroughly deserve to be in the position we’re in.

“After six games, I have a team that firmly believe they’re good enough to be playing at this level.

“They are a great group of players and our new guys have done very well and made the desired impact.”

Its one of them tricky situations in the handling of Ben Arfa,

We all know his strength is going forwards and not backwards, and there lies the problem. If his A game isn't on display attacking, he offers very little to the team. He clicks going forward (i.e. Villa) and his morale goes up and he starts to fight for every ball and track back (very loosely!).

If Pard keeps him in and tells him to show what he can do both with and without the ball, him knowing fine well his performance against Everton won't be tollerated any longer. Do this and it pays off, happy as larry. He doesn't perform going forwards

Relegate him to the bench and he becomes a sulky frenchman, and it could strat to bring down the moral of our team.

Personally, and i'm sure many others have said the same thing, he's the one player we need to build around. Pardew should be accommodating for this in the team and the team should and be prepared before hand to set up defensively for such a scenario. FFS Pardew by now must know the sort of player he is from training every day, so unless he's seeing something completely different during the week we should be working on setup that allows for his style of play in our team.

Edited by scotty84

The one thing Pardew has done consistently well in his time here is manage Ben Arfa, a notoriously difficult to manage person, even when he hasn't been playing, or needed to get back fit he's always kept him happy and not just by chucking him on the pitch all the time.

He's shit also, btw.

Say what you want about Obertan as a footballer, but he's rockin it out with those shoes. They are awesome :)

Alan Pardew says he is prepared to ring the changes in his team for Newcastle United’s trip to Cardiff City.

And the Toon boss is facing a big decision over whether to relegate Hatem Ben Arfa to the bench as he goes in search of a tighter defensive display against the newly-promoted Welsh side.

Ben Arfa’s failure to track back and get tackles in resulted in his withdrawal at the break at Everton.

:lol: It might as well say "And the Toon boss is facing a big decision over whether to neglect attack altogether..."

Can Sammy not be referred to as Sameobi please? It always looks like something else at first glance.

Why? You can't take away the fact that he's still an Ameobi who has yet to prove something at any level.

:lol: It might as well say "And the Toon boss is facing a big decision over whether to neglect attack altogether..."

Or "that's a funny way to hand in your notice ".

Edited by trooper

2-1 defeat. "I fowwt we wus excellent secondarf, it takes sam caarij, to come back aaht theyah after a difficuwt first forty five. You av to tyke the positives, and Timmy never even ad a save to make untiww the sevenff minute. Mike was here, and he remains confident abaht this season as I do, 7 points from 7 aint a bad return given the raff batch of games the fixchur gods av frown at us."

Pipe down Pardew. We have no faith.

Looks like Pardew will be playing for a point, dropping your most creative player to help cover the defensive frailties could see the end of him.

Feel for the fans travelling all that way, long way to travel to see a team with little ambition in playing for a win.

2-1 to Cardiff, and more bad news over the international break.

2-1 defeat. "I fowwt we wus excellent secondarf, it takes sam caarij, to come back aaht theyah after a difficuwt first forty five. You av to tyke the positives, and Timmy never even ad a save to make untiww the sevenff minute. Mike was here, and he remains confident abaht this season as I do, 7 points from 7 aint a bad return given the raff batch of games the fixchur gods av frown at us."

Pipe down Pardew. We have no faith.

Stevie clearly goes to the same pub and earwigs Pardew's conversations. :lol: (That's his craic to a tee).

Just to reiterierate, I have a spare for this....and lets face it, these fuckers need all the support they can get :)

"There's still plenty of pumpkin pie everyone!" :lol:

(I'm working this weekend).

Last time I was at Cardiff I was a bit tipsy if memory serves me right. ;)

Aah yes, an intravenous vodka drip had been inserted into your arm on the bus as I recall....happy days :)

We won as well.....was that the last tim Colo scored? :o

Edited by PaddockLad

He scored Premier league goals against Wigan and Spurs and he put one past forest in the cup but it's early and I can't remember when.

After the cardiff goal though.