Politics

Christmas Tree

So only 19 admissible cases heard and only 8 actual violations from the UK in 2012. I'm getting the feeling that this won't have much of an effect on the UK either way, it looks to be pure pandering to potential UKIP voters.

However part of the act gives people the right to protection against fracking under their property.

Why is it a bad thing? I haven't given it much thought, I'd just be interested to hear what good it has done.

Agency workers didn't have rights to holiday pay, this was something Europe imposed on a very reluctant Tory Government in the nineties.

That's about it, like.

This is where the likes of The Sun become dangerous with their propaganda equating ECHR to a bunch of British hating foreigners giving a free ticket to the likes of this Hamsa bloke and where they are very useful to the Tories.

36% turnout, so it shouldn't be that close come GE time, plus the Lib Dem vote held up to an extent (= they didn't lose their deposit, at least :third:) and some of those will switch to Labour now that the prospect of a UKIP MP in their area has become a whole lot more real (I know I would as a tendential Lib Dem voter).

That's just one constituency though, and you're right, there'll rightly be concern that UKIP are going to do more damage in Labour strongholds than people might have realised. "Labour to UKIP" is a switch/swing that hadn't really been on people's radar much before. Now we're even looking at categories like "Disenchanted Labour supporter who voted Lib Dem last time as a protest vote and will be transferring their protest vote to UKIP this time" becoming actually relevant. From a purely psephological point of view, it's going to be a fascinating next seven months or so. If only it wasn't fucking UKIP making it so interesting. :lol:

36% turnout, so it shouldn't be that close come GE time, plus the Lib Dem vote held up to an extent (= they didn't lose their deposit, at least :third:) and some of those will switch to Labour now that the prospect of a UKIP MP in their area has become a whole lot more real (I know I would as a tendential Lib Dem voter).

That's just one constituency though, and you're right, there'll rightly be concern that UKIP are going to do more damage in Labour strongholds than people might have realised. "Labour to UKIP" is a switch/swing that hadn't really been on people's radar much before. Now we're even looking at categories like "Disenchanted Labour supporter who voted Lib Dem last time as a protest vote and will be transferring their protest vote to UKIP this time" becoming actually relevant. From a purely psephological point of view, it's going to be a fascinating next seven months or so. If only it wasn't fucking UKIP making it so interesting. :lol:

Aye as much as there needs to be a real breakup of the two establishment parties, UKIP is definitely not the answer. There's nothing funnier than watching Nigel Farage paint himself as anti-establishment. I'm not worried they're going to win a boatload of seats, but at the same time, I worry that there might be a few constituencies where they get in via protest vote where the Labour and Conservative vote aren't particularly strong.

As a Green voter, I was pleased the Greens beat the Lib Dems in Clacton, albeit both comfortably lost their deposits.