Politics

Christmas Tree

The Tories completely supported all Labour's wars CT.

Milliband lead the house vote against Cameron's wish to arm the "opposition in Syria" though, who we now call I.S.....

It's incredible how Cameron's got away with that one - who were those lads you were supporting again David?

The Tories completely supported all Labour's wars CT.

Milliband lead the house vote against Cameron's wish to arm the "opposition in Syria" though, who we now call I.S.....

The Tories believed the documents provided by Labour were real. They weren't.

As for Syria, Cameron wanted to back the opposition to avoid Extremists taking hold.

"The Prime Minister said ending the bloody conflict was the most pressing global challenge, and pledged to step up the non-lethal equipment being shipped to forces trying to overthrow President Assad.

He warned that without providing more than technical advice to moderate Syrian rebels, there was a risk that extremists groups would take hold."

Well played Ed.

How exactly did he fuck his brother over?

Still better than fucking over most of the country.

CT Gideon'd out of that question.

Well played :lol:

The Tories believed the documents provided by Labour were real. They weren't.

As for Syria, Cameron wanted to back the opposition to avoid Extremists taking hold.

"The Prime Minister said ending the bloody conflict was the most pressing global challenge, and pledged to step up the non-lethal equipment being shipped to forces trying to overthrow President Assad.

He warned that without providing more than technical advice to moderate Syrian rebels, there was a risk that extremists groups would take hold."

Well played Ed.

Everyone around Westmister and especially Privy councillors would have known the claims were bollocks but they played along because they always back wars.

And the "moderates" Camron wanted to supply used chemical weapons before Assad so the idea they were "nice" blokes who were suddenly radicalised is a strech even for someone with your level of undertanding. Then again if you think had Camreron won that it wouldn't have ended up with UK ground troops in Syria then I've ovewestimated that level.

Everyone around Westmister and especially Privy councillors would have known the claims were bollocks but they played along because they always back wars.

So you agree it was all made up and Labour took us into an illegal war, costing millions of lives and fucking the Middle East? Edited by Christmas Tree

So you agree it was all made up and Labour took us into an illegal war, costing millions of lives and fucking the Middle East?

I've always thought and said it was an illegal war and that Blair is a tory cunt - doesn't fit your view but never mind.

And the middle east was fucked by religion, the british empire and the us oil companies decades/centuries before Blair arrived.

CT, why in fuck are you a tory? I actually don't get it. I mean, yes, Labour did a bunch of things that were actually pretty rubbish while in power, including and especially the Iraq war (but not the deficit and financial problems because, as I've actually pointed out to you specifically before, the deficit was totally stable prior to Goldman Sachs and the Americans ruining the global economy*):

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_debt_chart.html

*NB - notice how the deficit has gotten even worse under the Tories?

But other than that, you must be able to see that the Tories are a bunch of charlatans who are using the economic problems as an excuse to push their ideology for total privitisation forwards, encouraged as they are by the shady hand of the corporate world which wants a bigger slice of our essential government services, and therefore much, much worse than Labour. See Royal Mail.

To my mind then, you fall into one of two groups:

1 - You are a corporate executive who stands to gain from the privitisation of some form of basic service or another. These being the only people that the Tories actually look after.

2 - You are one of those people who swallows the lies about how the people at the top have just worked harder than everyone else, and that we're offering an equal platform for all which those who end up in squalor waste through their own poor decision making. You vote Tory because you believe that you're better than these people. The Tories aren't doing you personally any favours, and indeed your life is likely worse under them than it would be under Labour, but you feel good about yourself compared to those less fortunate. Many average Tory voting people seem to fall into this group.

There is a third option which is that you're just intentionally contrary, but I've seen you change position on a number of issues before, and never on this one. As such, I suspect that this is a deeply held political position. Just curious, I guess.

Edited by Rayvin

CT, why in fuck are you a tory? I actually don't get it. I mean, yes, Labour did a bunch of things that were actually pretty rubbish while in power, including and especially the Iraq war (but not the deficit and financial problems because, as I've actually pointed out to you specifically before, the deficit was totally stable prior to Goldman Sachs and the Americans ruining the global economy*):

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_debt_chart.html

*NB - notice how the deficit has gotten even worse under the Tories?

But other than that, you must be able to see that the Tories are a bunch of charlatans who are using the economic problems as an excuse to push their ideology for total privitisation forwards, encouraged as they are by the shady hand of the corporate world which wants a bigger slice of our essential government services, and therefore much, much worse than Labour. See Royal Mail.

To my mind then, you fall into one of two groups:

1 - You are a corporate executive who stands to gain from the privitisation of some form of basic service or another. These being the only people that the Tories actually look after.

2 - You are one of those people who swallows the lies about how the people at the top have just worked harder than everyone else, and that we're offering an equal platform for all which those who end up in squalor waste through their own poor decision making. You vote Tory because you believe that you're better than these people. The Tories aren't doing you personally any favours, and indeed your life is likely worse under them than it would be under Labour, but you feel good about yourself compared to those less fortunate. Many average Tory voting people seem to fall into this group.

There is a third option which is that you're just intentionally contrary, but I've seen you change position on a number of issues before, and never on this one. As such, I suspect that this is a deeply held political position. Just curious, I guess.

Can't really give this the reply it deserves as I'm on the phone.

Basically you fall for the old mistake of considering conservatives a party of just looking after the wealthy.

Time and time again they have been voted in and kept in by vast majority of the public, not a few bankers.

They transformed this country in the 80's from a disastrous Union run, nationalised sick man of Europe.

They gave millions of people the right to become house owners.

As for privatisation of the NHS, Labour started that.

Then there's the fact that EVERY Labour government has left office than unemployment HIGHER than when they came in.

The Tories have are trusted by the electorate on the economy and without a good economy all else falls short.

The truth is both parties do good things and bad things.

It's also true that overall policy wise they are very close these days. Really they tend to tinker rather than do anything radical.

They transformed this country in the 80's from a disastrous Union run, nationalised sick man of Europe.

Then there's the fact that EVERY Labour government has left office than unemployment HIGHER than when they came in.

Unemployment in 1979 was 1.4m. When the Tories left government in 1997 it stood at 2m.

That was some job they did.

Are you referring to ......

"There's no money left lol"

Or the illegal war which has destroyed the Middle East?

Neither of which Ed played a part in. Or can we blame Dave for destroying working class villages throughout the country in the 80s?

The truth is both parties do good things and bad things.

It's also true that overall policy wise they are very close these days. Really they tend to tinker rather than do anything radical.

If that's really what you think, it's even weirder that you take such extreme, cartoon-y views on the matter. Unless you see it like supporting a football team, I suppose.

He's Tory because in the 1980s, whilst the rest of us his age were protesting against Thatcher, CT rose to the rank of Chief Salesman ( Corner Suites and Pouffes) in SCS. He's seen himself as Boldon's answer to Gordon Gecko ever since.

TL:DR He's think as mince and has the Mail read to him, hence, Tory.

That's the top and bottom of it.

Have you seen the top story on the Mail website today btw. An Afghan interpreter for the British army was refused asylum in the UK and has since been murdered, a travesty according to the paper. Without a hint of irony .

Unemployment in 1979 was 1.4m. When the Tories left government in 1997 it stood at 2m.

That was some job they did.

With 30 different changes to the calculation method - when it was 3 million the true figure was 4.5m. Of course nobody has had or will have the guts to reinstate the old method as the public are too thick to understand.

Another lie is that it was labour who encouraged unemployed people to move to disability - of course it was the Tories.

I could understand someone who didn't live through these times believing the lies - CT doesn't have that excuse.

Unemployment is part of Capitalism. It supresses wages and creates labour exchange insecurity leaving the workforce vulernable. Full employment is never the goal regardless of the colour of the Govt. The key to changing society is targetting the multi-nationals and coersing them into social conscienceness.

One of the victories of Capitalism has been colonising the working class and lower middle class identities (each man for himself). Voting Tory is delusional unless you're in the top 5% of society. The middle classes are the new target and they are now being squeezed.

Central to Labours campaign should be going after Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft (fined 500m euro by the EU), Starbucks and so on...There would be no issues reg funding the NHS if these kinds of companies were taxed fairly.

Research also shows that raising base wages at the bottom of the employment chain always grows the economy and balances the money supply to the periphery.

The UK needs a state investment bank/ regional banks to service small and medium size business, there are loads of these in Germany and agri banks in France.

Edited by Park Life

Funny as fuck watching Gideon getting torn apart by Andrew Marr. Imagine if the roles were reversed and Miliband had made such an unfunded pledge, be hell on amongst Tory circles :lol:

That's a £3.1 billion price freeze on train fares announced Friday morning, an extra £8 billion for the NHS and £7.5 billion tax cuts. ALL unfunded.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2015-chancellor-george-osborne-ducks-questions-as-to-where-8bn-nhs-fund-will-come-from-if-tories-are-reelected-10170622.html