Politics

Christmas Tree

On another note.

A mate of mine who is Labour through and through, he like a lot on here lived through the Thatcher years.  He loves his politics and sometimes due to the Thatcher / Tory hate doesnt see the wood for the trees.

I sent him a link to a cycling team going out of business, we discussed this and then got onto employment.  He said the Tories you are classed as being employed if you work 1 hour or more a week.  So if you work less you're classed as being unemployed and therefore you show up on the stats. I said that made some sense, but he then went on and said he wouldnt class anything less that 20h a week as employed.  But my argument was, if you're working part time, isnt that still employed?  Surly some people only want to work PT or have to work PT due to other commitments like kids etc.

Whats peoples thoughts on this?

48 minutes ago, NJS said:

Has to be a cutoff - I'd say 20h was part time but 1h shouldn't count. 

Maybe 7 or 8 hours as in one day should be the threshold. 

Aye I would go with something like this.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Love how they try to pin the rise in crime on Khan btw. 

They're basing it on the fact that he banned stop and search and then reintroduced it when crime rose.