Politics

Christmas Tree

Seen this the other day and it was a 65+ only map. Just about all of England and the whole of the north east was Tory including my own constituency which hasn't had one of those things since the 1950s. Unless those over 65s are all about 80, what's made them change their votes? (If you take the poll as gospel?). :scratchchin:

30 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Seen this the other day and it was a 65+ only map. Just about all of England and the whole of the north east was Tory including my own constituency which hasn't had one of those things since the 1950s. Unless those over 65s are all about 80, what's made them change their votes? (If you take the poll as gospel?). :scratchchin:

Alzheimer's.

This is great news. Several weeks of fucking meaningless nonsense from the press can now come to an end, as they will doubtless move on to the next big issue of the day, and will surely avoid being caught up in another Labour centric storm in a teacup at the behest of the Tory party, the next time a distraction is needed.

I'm almost back at the point where I would vote for Corbyn again out of spite if a leadership election came up, solely as a middle finger to the press.

Corbyn continues to be a woefully ineffective and deeply frustrating leader who could have achieved so much if not for his own political incompetence. As it is he is a wasted opportunity. 

Happy? Doesn't change any of my feelings about this utter shitshow from the press though.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the add-on statement imo but obviously politically it's "wrong". 

It's just a shame that to be seen as playing the game (see Rentons demand that he should just say he'll nuke the world) means people have to sell themselves out to satisfy the cowed. 

45 minutes ago, NJS said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the add-on statement imo but obviously politically it's "wrong". 

It's just a shame that to be seen as playing the game (see Rentons demand that he should just say he'll nuke the world) means people have to sell themselves out to satisfy the cowed. 

The final version is very much watered down from what Corbyn wanted.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Happy? Doesn't change any of my feelings about this utter shitshow from the press though.

It isn't just the press though, it's his failure to react to or counter the press narrative.