Politics

Christmas Tree

7 hours ago, Alex said:

So, it looks like the ERG are yet again going to get their candidate to be the PM. What could possibly go wrong after the last few? Presumably they think Truss will be easy to control. 

Approved by the spunk chamber of the ERG.

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sit down, nerdrith. 

Sitting down, observing KCG neatly placing you in his back pocket. :munch:

• Haha 1

Truss in her first full broadcast interview since the result, asked if she knows some figure related to the debt. Says she does and when pressed says "Well it's tens of billions". :lol:

Sounds like she's as hot on the detail as her cunt of a boss. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Craig you're on ignore until I get confirmation that you've posted something worth reading. 

THE CLOCK STARTS NOW. 

Result! It's only taken 17 years.:boogie:

Even by her insane levels of stupidity, this one reaches new ground. Daring to compare the last PMQs of Blair, who gracefully stepped aside with those of Johnson, who was sacked by his own party staggers belief. 

As is pointed out in the replies, she was pissed and shouting "You're boring" at Starmer just the day before. 

Fabricunt was complaining about this yesterday too, Labour not cheering the lying psycopathic cunt. Then he said what really stck in his craw was conservatives MPs cheering him who had "stuck the knife" in. Wasn't that most the parliamentary party, most ministers, and severa caninet members? So this fuckwit expects Labour to cheer but not most his own party? 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Truss in her first full broadcast interview since the result, asked if she knows some figure related to the debt. Says she does and when pressed says "Well it's tens of billions". :lol:

Sounds like she's as hot on the detail as her cunt of a boss. 

23 billion added to national debt in June alone!

What a fucking job the tories have done in 12 years. Inflicted austerity on us causing a 15% loss in the standard of living (conservative estimate). Destroyed public services. Taxed us more than any other government in history. And, drum roll please, during this time they have more than DOUBLED the national debt. Slow hand clap please. If Labour still can't capitalise on this I despair. 

• Like 3

Even better, she reckons that tax cuts will grow the economy AND lower inflation. When asked which economist supported that idea her answer was of course 'Patrick Minford'.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

What a fucking job the tories have done in 12 years. Inflicted austerity on us causing a 15% loss in the standard of living (conservative estimate). Destroyed public services. Taxed us more than any other government in history. And, drum roll please, during this time they have more than DOUBLED the national debt. Slow hand clap please. If Labour still can't capitalise on this I despair. 

The Tories are the economic armageddon they always tried to claim Labour were. The simple fucking truth in economics at the national level is that it isn't the fucking same as planning your household budget. You need to spend to stimulate economic growth - the "skill" is in investing in the right areas to drive growth that exceeds what you put in (and not necessarily financially). It's not even just that though, if you spend on the economy and living standards then people's happiness and welfare improves, making them more productive.

I still can't get past the idea that Sunak fucked off the development of a generation of kids who lost out during lockdowns because he didn't want to spend £15bn now despite it being clearly demonstrated to save us ten times as much later. Even if the cost is the only important thing for you in that statement, and it shouldn't be because we're talking about human lives in that calculation as well - but even it is, you should consider that decision to be negligent, short termist, and just fucking stupid.

They are a party of poorly informed, middle class house wives and pheasant botherers who think they know what's what on the basis of class and wealth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

The Tories are the economic armageddon they always tried to claim Labour were. The simple fucking truth in economics at the national level is that it isn't the fucking same as planning your household budget. You need to spend to stimulate economic growth - the "skill" is in investing in the right areas to drive growth that exceeds what you put in (and not necessarily financially). It's not even just that though, if you spend on the economy and living standards then people's happiness and welfare improves, making them more productive.

I still can't get past the idea that Sunak fucked off the development of a generation of kids who lost out during lockdowns because he didn't want to spend £15bn now despite it being clearly demonstrated to save us ten times as much later. Even if the cost is the only important thing for you in that statement, and it shouldn't be because we're talking about human lives in that calculation as well - but even it is, you should consider that decision to be negligent, short termist, and just fucking stupid.

They are a party of poorly informed, middle class house wives and pheasant botherers who think they know what's what on the basis of class and wealth.

It's so strange. All the empirical evidence points to the tories being economically incompetent, especially compared with New Labour. And yet they maintain to keep the false counter-narrative. It's not sreally trange, I know the reasons, just amazed by people's gullibility. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's so strange. All the empirical evidence points to the tories being economically incompetent, especially compared with New Labour. And yet they maintain to keep the false counter-narrative. It's not sreally trange, I know the reasons, just amazed by people's gullibility. 

The Daily Mail needs to be shut down. Amongst the many things any future Labour government needs to do, a key one is enforcing press standards. In fact, standards across the board wouldn't hurt. Politician openly lying? Sacked. Newspaper fabricating stories that are found to be baseless and misleading? Fined.

The Mail would be fined out of circulation within a week.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Two years of this, we're fucked. Its why I want Sunak, we are less fucked under him. He's more of a challenge for Labour but then I want a coalition, not a landslide. 

This has been my position ever since it was clear she was likely to get to the last 2. She may offer a greater chance for Labour to win the next GE but the damage she's going to do in the interim is going to be intolerable. 

Even Sunak is making the point in his latest pitch that he offers the better chance of beating Labour. 

Got into a chat with the group of lads I used to work with in SF last night. Couple of candadians and one plummy londoner. The Londoner was pretty upbeat, saying he "wanted Kemi but hopefully Truss will do a good job. We need radical reform."

Obviously I went off telling him that we've had 12 years of the cunts, they've completely fucked the country and that what we all need is not to be governed by these pricks anymore. And that the dopey Truss is plainly not the answer to anything. 

Anyway. He didn't agree. And his subject change was:

"So I'm still in my sort of gap year. Been doing some travelling."

Hes 45. On a gap year. And trying to tell me that the Tories are the answer for normal people. :lol:

• Jaysus... 1

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

This has been my position ever since it was clear she was likely to get to the last 2. She may offer a greater chance for Labour to win the next GE but the damage she's going to do in the interim is going to be intolerable. 

Even Sunak is making the point in his latest pitch that he offers the better chance of beating Labour. 

Some caller on R5 summed it up for me. Truss would be another national humiliation. At some stage, you get sick of being the butt of everyone else's joke. 

Edited by Renton

Whoever gets it is gonna cunt things up for normal people. These people are not right. I don't want Sunak because I don't want some slick fuck who can convince people he's the answer (as he's picking their pocket) just enough to win another election. 

We'd be getting on for 20 years if they win again. It can't happen, we just need the one most likely to lose an election. And that's clearly loopy Liz. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can't trust Labour with the economy marra

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Whoever gets it is gonna cunt things up for normal people. These people are not right. I don't want Sunak because I don't want some slick fuck who can convince people he's the answer (as he's picking their pocket) just enough to win another election. 

We'd be getting on for 20 years if they win again. It can't happen, we just need the one most likely to lose an election. And that's clearly loopy Liz. 

There's definitely enough people who "remember" Dishy Rishi as the man who gave them a discount on their meals out in restaurants, looking like sour-faced miseries while surrounded by other people looking like sour-faced miseries but all definitely having a good time, that he's a danger. I'm Team Truss too. Bring on the leader who would only pass the Turing Test on a very good day.