Politics

Christmas Tree

I know loads of people who have gone part time or retired entirely since the pandemic, especially in the NHS and some teachers. Not because they are ill, just that the conditions are so shit they don't want to work any more (and somehow can afford not to). 

ANyhow, regardless of the pandemic, all the Brexit economic forecasts predicted a collapse in GDP which was mediated by two factors. The first was obvious, the effect on non-tarriff barriers on trade. The second more important factor was reduction in the workforce, which was the thing that gammons wanted. Well congratulations you fuckers, live with the consequences. 

Yeah, except every time a Newcastle player kicks a ball all I can see is them kicking a Yemenese baby now. :(

No, really, I'm looking forward to next season a lot. And like yourself, I'm quite well insulated from the current shitshow. We got through the 80s, hopefully we will get through this. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Well, if this fruitloop is going to be the next PM we may as well take the piss out of her remorselessly. :)

She's the UK version of George W Bush. Just one big parody.

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

her line about guard-dogs being used to deter drones at prisons is gold 

Actually I'd give that one only silver. The gold one for me is:

""I have, that's true. In the other way though, Eddie."

It's so revealing of her view that it's ok to change from remain to leave, but not the other way around.

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Newsnight analysis so we don’t have to stay up till stupid o’clock… do they still have the pretentious twats on “looking at the arts” on a Friday night?…..

Not sure. Thought that would be your favourite part (it was always mine). 

That’s about 5% of the membership isn’t it? I think it would take a lot more. I think I saw sone polling where he wasn’t very popular amongst the members. It seems to be very driven by the Mail, Express and Telegraph. I could actually see it being more popular amongst the general public. Mind, nothing would surprise me. One thing is for sure us that with an absolutely horrific winter for many people approaching, it’ll be the internal politics of the Tory party that gets the most attention 

• Like 1

Wouldn't be at least surprised if his own team are behind it. I said some months ago that when it come to it, he’d need to be dragged out of Downing Street kicking and screaming and he’d do everything he felt he could to cling onto power, irrespective of due process.

He’s going full Trump!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Craig said:

Wouldn't be at least surprised if his own team are behind it. I said some months ago that when it come to it, he’d need to be dragged out of Downing Street kicking and screaming and he’d do everything he felt he could to cling onto power, irrespective of due process.

He’s going full Trump!

It seems very orchestrated as opposed to some grass roots membership movement 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That’s about 5% of the membership isn’t it? I think it would take a lot more. I think I saw sone polling where he wasn’t very popular amongst the members. It seems to be very driven by the Mail, Express and Telegraph. I could actually see it being more popular amongst the general public. Mind, nothing would surprise me. One thing is for sure us that with an absolutely horrific winter for many people approaching, it’ll be the internal politics of the Tory party that gets the most attention 

It will as well. Was thinking last night, I'm fucking sick of this neverending tory psychodrama, taking all the bandwidth, for at least 7 years now. For instance, why the fuck are these debates between Dumb and Dumber even being televised? 99.5% of people have no say in who becomes PM now. Just do a Zoom hustings for the twats that are tory members ffs. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Craig said:

He’s going full Trump!

Trump tried to seize voting machines, invent votes for himself, and incited a riot to try and stop the certification of the new president. 

At most, Johnson is going 5% Trump. 

Shadow trade secretary on the BBC now refusing to blame Brexit for the queues at Dover.

We are fucked, there is no way Labour will fix the country if they can't even dare to make the slightest statement about the problems Brexit has caused.

I'm back to thinking we will be better off letting the Tories deal with this mess until we get a leader/party who have some connection with reality 

It's fucking desperate

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Every same person knows what it is but, as we’ve been through, you can’t allow the GE campaign to be about Brexit again if you’re Labour. As for another term of the Tories being a favourable option, that’s effectively another 7 years of the stripping away of rights etc. Fuck that fucking shit. Things can get a lot worse than this. 

• Like 4