Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

They are all equally bad in different ways, It's all going to turn to shit whichever of them gets it, just by different routes, so Truss for me, I'll have a little tax cut thank you before it hits the fan rather than not, all going to end up broken beyond repair anyway. She's also thick as fuck so there'll be some gallows hilarity as we crash and burn.

This is my take too 

• Like 1

Think most knew it would be Sunak plus one of those Thatcher wannabes. Truss makes my skin crawl but I expect she'll get the job.  Probably most like Johnson in the way she is a complete opportunist devoid of any real conviction. She will properly fuck things up in the 2 years she has. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Think most knew it would be Sunak plus one of those Thatcher wannabes. Truss makes my skin crawl but I expect she'll get the job.  Probably most like Johnson in the way she is a complete opportunist devoid of any real conviction. She will properly fuck things up in the 2 years she has. 

Never mind the 2 years, she'll undoubtedly fuck things up within weeks. I reckon she's going to be an absolute and complete disaster. 

I'm dreading it being 'Cosplay Thatcher'.

Cummings reckons she's an idiot and also reckons Johnson is supporting her so he can stand again when it quickly goes tits up. 

Very feasible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Was G Man the first poster to predict Truss at least making the final two though?  :cuppa:

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

er, i think you'll find i called the final two before anyone on this thread, Nostradamus 

THEY HATE ME COS THEY AIN'T ME

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wish I’d nailed that Everton prediction 

Understandable, but at the time you were too busy confidently predicting 11th placed Newcastle's relegation. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Understandable, but at the time you were too busy confidently predicting 11th placed Newcastle's relegation. 

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

I stopped predicting for relegation when we were 17th

Now stop trying to take credit for my Truss/Sunak prediction and go back to tipping Everton for relegation again 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

I stopped predicting for relegation when we were 17th

Now stop trying to take credit for my Truss/Sunak prediction and go back to tipping Everton for relegation again 

You were predicting Newcastle to be relegated in December. I was predicting Everton to be relegated in December. 

Who was closest. 

Get back to the park and complete a FIVE MINUTE plank before you try it on with THIS ONE again.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

This argument is just like Sunak vs Truss. Two failures arguing over who failed the least.

ok, you can have that :lol:

Gemmill can’t have my Truss/Sunak prediction. The greedy pig 

29 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

This argument is just like Sunak vs Truss. Two failures arguing over who failed the least.

Brilliant :lol:

• Like 1

So, it looks like the ERG are yet again going to get their candidate to be the PM. What could possibly go wrong after the last few? Presumably they think Truss will be easy to control. 

• Like 2