Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Imagine telling a fucking NURSE about how Johnson has been stabbed in the back. 

It was a private hospital, she mainly agreed with him. 

26 minutes ago, Craig said:

Oh aye, I agreed that deciding between then is like having to choose which bollock you'd prefer having impaled with a skewer.

Which is presumably why you will need a Truss

:rimshot:

37 minutes ago, NJS said:

When I was awaiting my eye surgery last week, the bloke in the next individual day ward was talking to the nurse about how "Boris" had been stabbed in the back and how it was terrible as he'd done a great job. Also Starmer's curry thing was "exactly the same thing" as all of the Downing Street parties and he was therefore untrustworthy. 

Thankfully judging by his medical conditions, eye aside, the cunt will be dead before the next election but still... 

One of the most damaging things they’ve done is manage to make people think that all politicians, on every side of the fence, are tax-dodging, expense-claiming arseholes who are only out for themselves. It’s exactly why people just aren’t voting because the Tory press have managed to convince everyone that Labour are as bad as them. I don’t know how you undo that, I really don’t. And if people don’t think the alternative will be any different, why turn up and get them out? There’ll always be someone else to blame for the Tories fuck ups

• Like 3

Politics Live had some posh Chairwoman of a local Conservative Party on and after listening to the Sunak supporting MP explain that tax cuts aren't what you do in times of high inflation complained that she didn't understand what tax cuts had to do with inflation. That's the sort of idiot that is going to be deciding our next Prime Minister.

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

The Tories are the economic armageddon they always tried to claim Labour were. The simple fucking truth in economics at the national level is that it isn't the fucking same as planning your household budget. You need to spend to stimulate economic growth - the "skill" is in investing in the right areas to drive growth that exceeds what you put in (and not necessarily financially). It's not even just that though, if you spend on the economy and living standards then people's happiness and welfare improves, making them more productive.

I still can't get past the idea that Sunak fucked off the development of a generation of kids who lost out during lockdowns because he didn't want to spend £15bn now despite it being clearly demonstrated to save us ten times as much later. Even if the cost is the only important thing for you in that statement, and it shouldn't be because we're talking about human lives in that calculation as well - but even it is, you should consider that decision to be negligent, short termist, and just fucking stupid.

They are a party of poorly informed, middle class house wives and pheasant botherers who think they know what's what on the basis of class and wealth.

2A5A27AB-006A-4762-B6C2-D534117EB35C.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

You never argue with a patient, you just nod and ignore them. And, FUCK NJS FOR USING PRIVATE MEDICINE! 

:) fair enough. 

I went from the Opticians via the NHS who referred me to a private clinic who after about 3 months and two assessments, cancelled my surgery the day before it was due as they couldn't work out which lens to use as a complication of me having them lasered 24 years ago. 

I went through work, was seen the same day and operated on 5 days later. Its a shitter that at times made my skin crawl but I haven't come to regret it (yet)..... 

And people really think sticking this stupid bint in number 10 for the next 2 years is the better option?  Fuck me, gently.... :jesuswept:

How can this even be a net vote winner? It's an attack on every employed working person. It will appeal to some retired gammons (even then, in the red wall, really?) but that is not most of us. 

It's directed by the tory press who'll weaponise it against Labour when strikes happen and at the election.

I'm not expecting a firm commitment to reverse it. 

• Like 2

Probably got a ‘donation’ or three for it. I don’t think they’re even considering they can win the next GE now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJS said:

It's directed by the tory press who'll weaponise it against Labour when strikes happen and at the election.

But surely future strikes shouldn't cause much disruption now this new law has been brought in? Unless you're telling me that there aren't actually 1000's of agency workers ready to take up these skilled roles at the drop of a hat.

• Like 2