Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.41ecbf11a6087bc613b16dc6d09bd90a.png

:lol:

Where do you even start with this shit? I just hope he gets hit by a bus. 

It’s just a race to the bottom with these cunts.

They’re discovering just how abhorrent they need to be to secure the votes of the tory party membership, one of the cruelest, most self centred, racist groups of people in this fucked up country.

Even the most basic levels of decency are out the window by this point.

Edited by Billy Whitehurst
  • Like 3

Woke, Rwanda, sending back 'criminals'? Trans gender bollocks, generic 'british' phrases. They have absolutely nothing to offer nor any semblance of a plan to sort this country out of the shitshow they've largely contributed to. The fact they don't even talk about the real problems going on is beyond a joke even for them and I wish the media would shut any woke etc distraction rhubarb down as soon as they start and change the subject to more pressing matters.

• Like 1

There was a video doing the rounds yesterday of him saying he was the most “Northern” pm candidate the tories have ever had.

Birthplace, south coast

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

There was a video doing the rounds yesterday of him saying he was the most “Northern” pm candidate the tories have ever had.

Birthplace, south coast

Isn’t his only real connection to the north his being parachuted into the safe seat Tory seat of Richmond?  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, strawb said:

Birthplace, south coast

Actually, the previous MP there was William Hague iirc. Tory leader / PM Candidate and literally from Yorkshire :lol: the problem with this lot isn’t so much their lies, it’s that they’re mostly completely unchallenged

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

What's particularly worrying is that if Truss gets in and starts cutting taxes and we see inflation rise even further then the BoE have little choice but to increase interest rates and then we see people really squeezed in their ability to repay their mortgages.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Just listened to this, he has some decent advice for Starmer and the posho Islington  twat should fuckin listen to him :cuppa:

Thanks for sharing this. Listened to the whole thing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Just listened to this, he has some decent advice for Starmer and the posho Islington  twat should fuckin listen to him :cuppa:

I downloaded it, might listen on the flight home tomorrow if wor lass will stop interrupting me half way through like she did after I decided to listen to some music after three hours of the flight here while she was talking to the bairn until I put the earpods in when I suddenly got twenty questions. 

• Haha 2

and what does a brokered "peace" deal look like, jezza? ukraine conceding its territory to imperial russian agression

love his other idea - bring in the african union and the league of arab states to broker a peace deal. that'll fix it. 

he's just as deulded as russian stooge farage with his "don't prod the russian bear" nonsense

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

and what does a brokered "peace" deal look like, jezza? ukraine conceding its territory to imperial russian agression

love his other idea - bring in the african union and the league of arab states to broker a peace deal. that'll fix it. 

he's just as deulded as russian stooge farage with his "don't prod the russian bear" nonsense

I totally agree with you on this vis-a-vis Ukraine, that what he's effectively calling for is the surrender of the Ukrainian state, or part of it. This is not going to work with someone as psychotic as Putin.

That said, I do understand that for someone with a human centric outlook, who probably is far less concerned with the value of "the nation state", this would make sense. And I don't think it makes him a bad person. Same as the people on here who have argued similar things are not propagandists for Russia just because they want to minimise human suffering, they just believe that the best solution comes at the lowest cost of human life, no matter what.

So yes, on this, I find myself entirely at odds with Corbyn. I don't for a moment think he's in the same league as Farage though who doesn't believe a word he says and spouts it freely. Maybe deluded, sure, but I don't actually think Farage is fwiw. I think the latter knows damn well he's spouting shite. Corbyn is at least consistent to his principles.

He's wrong though, on this. No one could broker this peace because, very simply, Putin has set about a genocide with the aim of restoring imperial Russia. There is no peaceful acceptance of that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Latest from the err “leadership”  thing…. Northern Tory bastard Ben Houchen talking sense…

The other thing re: the Civil Service is they don’t all just sit in offices. Apart from customer facing staff in job centres, call centres etc you have the Ministry of Justice for example. There’s 60k + civil servants who work for them but only about 10% are what people think of as typical civil servants. The rest are working in courts up and down the land  or are probation officers or prison officers etc. The Home Office includes the Border Force, etc. That’s before all the extra red tape from Brexit. It’s just another lie from Truss to appeal to the membership 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

He’s a useless student politics cunt. He’s the greatest Tory helper there is, he plays into their hands over and over. Useless fucker.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

He’s a useless student politics cunt. He’s the greatest Tory helper there is, he plays into their hands over and over. Useless fucker.

I blame him almost as much as Johnson for the fucking mess we’re in today. Useless enabler, happy to remain “principled” in opposition for all eternity

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I blame him almost as much as Johnson for the fucking mess we’re in today. Useless enabler, happy to remain “principled” in opposition for all eternity

It seems harsh to blame Corbyn, he didn’t change. The members knew what they were getting. Blame those who over promoted him to begin with.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It seems harsh to blame Corbyn, he didn’t change. The members knew what they were getting. Blame those who over promoted him to begin with.

i blame those cunts too 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alex said:

The other thing re: the Civil Service is they don’t all just sit in offices. Apart from customer facing staff in job centres, call centres etc you have the Ministry of Justice for example. There’s 60k + civil servants who work for them but only about 10% are what people think of as typical civil servants. The rest are working in courts up and down the land  or are probation officers or prison officers etc. The Home Office includes the Border Force, etc. That’s before all the extra red tape from Brexit. It’s just another lie from Truss to appeal to the membership 

She U turned on it about 10 mins after Houchen sent that tweet :lol:  shows how fuckin unthinkingly thick the team behind her are…basically the ERG have found another useful idiot to do their bidding. It would be funny watching her stagger from one calamity to another if she wasn’t simultaneously destroying what’s left of government responsibility, oversight and regulation.  

• Like 2