Politics

Christmas Tree

On the radio there it was suggested the rules are being drawn up to disadvantage Johnson. Honestly, I really hope we don't end up with this cunt despite the potential hilarity. He's fucking dangerous. 

Rayner on telly saying "they've done more u-turns than a cul-de-sac". Wtf. 

Here love, they're having a really bad time of it. Please keep the shite patter to a minimum for now. If you need me on your social media team, just say the word. 

Candidates need 100 nominations. And have to be declared by 2pm Monday. So it can’t be any more the 3, more likely 2 or could even be a coronation.

Could well be Sunak on the back of that.

Just now, Renton said:

Also I think that Johnson neing coronated would tip the balance for a VONC, and we'd have a GE pretty soon. So maybe not a bad thing. 

Some of the commentators are claiming Tory MPs are threatening to cross the floor if Johnson is even put forward as a candidate.

• Like 1

I'm listening to Brady and Berry here.

So nominations by Monday, 100 min required. 

Then a series of ballots to get it down to 2 on Monday. 

Then an indicative ballot to make clear what the preference of the Parliamentary Party is.... 

.... And then ignore that and put it to the members to decide. Ya fucking what?! 

The Parliamentary Party is basically Barry McGuigan's Unofficial Scorecard. :lol:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm listening to Brady and Berry here.

So nominations by Monday, 100 min required. 

Then a series of ballots to get it down to 2 on Monday. 

Then an indicative ballot to make clear what the preference of the Parliamentary Party is.... 

.... And then ignore that and put it to the members to decide. Ya fucking what?! 

The Parliamentary Party is basically Barry McGuigan's Unofficial Scorecard. :lol:

So it's  probably Johnson then, but somebody MPs have already said they'd resign the whip if this happened and he's still got the standards enquiry thingy? 

Just now, Renton said:

So it's  probably Johnson then, but somebody MPs have already said they'd resign the whip if this happened and he's still got the standards enquiry thingy? 

Sunak or Mordaunt I reckon, with the other being in number 11

If he makes it to the final 2, it's Johnson aye. I don't know if he gets 100 nominations though. 

Us fucking saps just get to wait til Monday to find out what this parcel of a party is prepared to serve up to us next. 

BBC news man, fucking hell. Going around the country exclusively interviewing tory voters and members. Endless vox pops of "Boris got Brexit done". Despite the fact the polls show the tories are barely in double figures.

How man @Dr Gloom. This really isn't defendable, is it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Mordant would be their best choice out of the 3 . She is eloquent.

I can see it happening, with Sunak returning as her Chancellor. And also her being the only candidate. Gives them a week to sort the fiscal statement out - last thing that’s needed is a distraction until Friday.