Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Brilliant, and clearly heartfelt. I wish Labour would be brave enough to run with this. Because if this doesn't resonate with the majority of the electorate, we're fucked anyway. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

Or Cooper could just say they'll do the same and manage it better.... 

Agrred on Labour's strategy overall, think Cooper has been decent this week though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

i know it was filmed in london yesterday and the view is different in the shires and the red wall, but it was striking how the dog whistle stuff didn't get as much applause as the more compassionate comments. perhaps lineker's coments aren't as out of step with public opinion as jenrick suggests 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i know it was filmed in london yesterday and the view is different in the shires and the red wall, but it was striking how the dog whistle stuff didn't get as much applause as the more compassionate comments. perhaps lineker's coments aren't as out of step with public opinion as jenrick suggests 

Actually (I confess I didn’t watch it but have only seen clips) it was in Sunderland the other week and the overwhelming views there seemed to be Brexit was a mistake and a con job. Not the same issue (although related in sone ways) but it seems everyone bar the hardcore who’ll never get it / care have woken up to this government

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Actually (I confess I didn’t watch it but have only seen clips) it was in Sunderland the other week and the overwhelming views there seemed to be Brexit was a mistake and a con job. Not the same issue (although related in sone ways) but it seems everyone bar the hardcore who’ll never get it / care have woken up to this government

Sounds like the metropolitan elite are out of step with the rest of the country after all.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

yeah, i think i said it on here the other day but the small boats agenda has been contrived to give them something to campaign on the next election because it's all they've got left. they lost the argument on all the big issues and have a track recored of more than decade of failure in government.

• Like 1

I reckon the BBC have told him to stop tweeting about anything political and he’s told them to do one.

He’s a very popular presenter who has been working at below market rates for years and could walk into another job tomorrow. I think he holds all the cards.

• Like 3

They've mentioned "party political" in their statement - I'm not sure about the rest but the two main parties have exactly the same view on the subject so that's bullshit. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Labour have exactly the same view as the Tories on asylum and immigration? 

Yup, Cooper stated it this week. They won't repeal the borders act or the act to make illegal entrants unable to make further appeals or applications. 

Edited by NJS