Politics

Christmas Tree

BBC business news this morning, tech investment into UK TWICE as much as France and Germany combined!!! They then balanced the good news by following that up with an interview with a yank about the GLOBAL energy problem and supplies full stop saying that it's exacerbated in the UK by our HGV supply problem. Early in the morning but I let out a little laugh.

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

BBC business news this morning, tech investment into UK TWICE as much as France and Germany combined!!! They then balanced the good news by following that up with an interview with a yank about the GLOBAL energy problem and supplies full stop saying that it's exacerbated in the UK by our HGV supply problem. Early in the morning but I let out a little laugh.

Global energy problem where we are going to pay a lot more than the rest of EUROPE? 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I was going to tag Gloom to that. It's getting fucking ridiculous. Gloom is getting like Comical Ali. 

i don't think i ever denied there are questions to be asked over senior editorial decision-making. the report is absolutely right to flag concerns if the state broadcaster is failing to meet its editorial guidelines. 

what i have consistently said is that there is no big conspiracy. that any editorial bias among senior management doesn't filter down to newsroom reporters, who in my experience are honest and write in the formulaic bbc news style we're all used to, with emphasis on balance that the charter demands. 

where i have agreed with the majority on here is with the inability of some senior reporters to hide their bias (namely LK). i also suspect that senior editorial staff are running scared from the government, afraid of what it might be to come further down the line.