Politics

Christmas Tree

Aye, I’ve heard it before on Twitter etc. I don’t think Johnson is any different to Trump tbh. The only reason he hasn’t tried for a racially aggravated civil war is because he’s calculated it’s not a vote winner. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well known “anti leftist/woke “ trope…. Starmer let Saville off. Johnson is playing to his base, it completely and utterly out the Trump/Bannon play book…

Interesting, I thought Savile's behaviour came out after his death. So how are the CPS supposed to investigate it? Johnson (ominously) was praising the police today, surely they would be more to blame, as that's who ignored the victims. I honestly was gobsmacked when he said this, I started shouting at the radio and nearly crashed the car. Utter scumbag bringing this paedo into it. 

Just now, Renton said:

Interesting, I thought Savile's behaviour came out after his death. So how are the CPS supposed to investigate it? Johnson (ominously) was praising the police today, surely they would be more to blame, as that's who ignored the victims. I honestly was gobsmacked when he said this, I started shouting at the radio and nearly crashed the car. Utter scumbag bringing this paedo into it. 

It’s bollocks but since when has that mattered to those informed by ‘alternative news sites’ etc? It relates to Starmer’s stint as Director of Public Prosecutions. Maybe people think it’s like Quincy where people take time of from their normal jobs and get involved with police investigations. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-britain-savile-idUSL1N2RP200

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

Quite apart from all that when they think it’s going well for them all the likes of Johnson and JRM all they want to do in the chamber is demonstrate how witty, clever and well educated they are. Like that pathetic line “he vacillates, we vaccinate” Johnson aimed at Starmer. He was going to trot that one out irrespective of what he was being asked about in relation to the pandemic response at that time. Now the boots on the other foot and they’re pretending they give a shit about improving people’s lives and all this is getting in the way of that. 

Or that fucking cringe posted here not too long ago of Rees-Mogg blathering on about a load of nonsense when asked a serious question. I'll dig it up but it fucking boiled my piss, you could tell what a clever cunt he thought he was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Yep, very Trumpian behaviour here and incredibly distasteful considering the number of Savile victims. Barely even mentioned by the media though, this shit has been normalised. 

Yep, it’s another step towards where the US are. If he gets to see out his term we’ll be where they are unless there’s an agreement between Labour, liib dems and greens. The base will fall into line come election time..

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If they won't remove him, then I'm putting all of my weight behind hoping he dies. 

I hope he dies either way 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yep, it’s another step towards where the US are. If he gets to see out his term we’ll be where they are unless there’s an agreement between Labour, liib dems and greens. The base will fall into line come election time..

I don’t think he wins a majority from here. He can cling on and they can recover some lost ground and maybe be the biggest party. But I think the ‘red wall’ seats were won by a perfect storm of Brexit bollocks and Corbyn, etc. I think they’ll mostly change back. I agree it needs cooperation with tactical voting etc to ensure this, however. They also need to cooperate on the much needed electoral reform or we’ll soon be back to the Tories taking this tack because they’ve seen its potential. As we’ve said, a Labour majority might not be the best outcome as it’ll lead to complacency and it takes away the incentive to make systematic changes. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Did I catch it right that he actually suggested the Labour front bench may partake in drug taking? Bridget will be foaming! :lol:

That’s ok though as long as he doesn’t call them liars.