Politics

Christmas Tree

I'm not totally clear on what Harry is meant to have done to warrant being cut off particularly, other than offending the Daily Mail in some form or another - but beyond that I think they should (but won't) skip Charles altogether. He's too old ffs.

It'll be interesting to have to change the lyrics to the anthem. Not that I can sing it anyway since the idea of holding one person over and above everyone else is repellent and an anachronism :D 

1 minute ago, Craig said:

She's a monarch that will be talked about for centuries to come - up there with with the likes of Henry VIII & Victoria. In 70 years on the throne she has made precious few errors in judgement, it's remarkable. 

I am definitely not a 'staunch republican' but I am strongly in favour of the entity of the 'Royal Family' being significantly reduced. Thankfully it seems that both Charles and William are of this view as well. I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of Charles's first tasks as monarch is to completely cut his brother and youngest son loose. 

She's been a good queen. But that is purely by chance rather than design. I am definitely a staunch republican. The royal family are the very definition of privilege and antithesis of meritocracy. The royals are at the apex of a class system which gave us the likes of Johnson. Now I know their abolition won't fix this, you just ned to look at the US to see this, but its an antiquated institution with no place in modern society and there abolition is necessary if we are to become a truly progressive society. Having said all that though, like most things I'm less bothered about them than say 20 years ago. I think William will ensure the institution outlasts me. The next bad monarch though will be the end of them. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not totally clear on what Harry is meant to have done to warrant being cut off particularly

I'm fairly certain the Oprah interview would have gone down like a cold cup of sick.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I think William will ensure the institution outlasts me. The next bad monarch though will be the end of them. 

I agree with you and to be fair to him he's showing all the signs of bringing it into touch with the real world which will be his mother's influence. 

Your second point here is valid too and there is the potential for it to be fucked up before William gets there. 

42 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'd have them all shot, apart from Harry and Megan because she was canny in Suits

Eta. I'd wait for the Queen to die first out of respect for my Ma

I watched a few episodes of Suits early on but didn't really get into it. Then I was really surprised when it emerged about her being in it as I'd only noticed the ginger lass and Gina Torres who I've always liked. 

I'm with you on the firing squads BTW. 

Get rid of the lot when Liz shuffles orf this mortal coil, fuck Charles, William, Harry et al. Let's hope the daily mail can find another child to fawn over in a five page pull out than the latest one to emerge through any 'royals' fanny lips. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

royals' fanny lips

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

bucket fanny Kate

:lol:

Glad to see we still have the required levels of deference on the board. :thumbup:

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, NJS said:

I watched a few episodes of Suits early on but didn't really get into it. Then I was really surprised when it emerged about her being in it as I'd only noticed the ginger lass and Gina Torres who I've always liked. 

I'm with you on the firing squads BTW. 

Mrs Sponge liked Suits, my only enjoyement came from saying "future Queen of England you know" every time Markle came on the screen

FWIW I think the Queen has done an absolute sterling job.  Like what people have said, she hasn't put a foot wrong.  Well apart from bailing peado out.  She is going to be a very tough act to follow and tbf to William, I think he will do a similar job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not totally clear on what Harry is meant to have done to warrant being cut off particularly, other than offending the Daily Mail in some form or another - but beyond that I think they should (but won't) skip Charles altogether. He's too old ffs.

It'll be interesting to have to change the lyrics to the anthem. Not that I can sing it anyway since the idea of holding one person over and above everyone else is repellent and an anachronism :D 

Howay man Rayvin :lol: 

Apply your critical faculties. It’s staring you in the face.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Renton said:

If this is true, and I see no reason it isn't,  I think Starmer is in the clear. It's brilliant how this has worked out for Johnson and his client media.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/09/labour-says-can-prove-starmer-team-worked-past-1am-beergate-night?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

They’ve done this at every turn with the parties scandal though. I can hardly believe they’ve done it again but it looks very much like they have. Every single time they’ve thought they were being clever they’ve shown themselves to be the precise opposite. 

When new people start at my work they get this stupid cheesy icebreaker questionnaire that gets put up on Teams. The number of dickheads who put the Queen down as person they most admire ffs. Written off before I've even had to meet them. Very efficient. 

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Tom said:

Howay man Rayvin :lol: 

Apply your critical faculties. It’s staring you in the face.

45 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You mean the racism element? Well yes I was assuming that this wasn't the official reason though  :lol:

HE’S GINGER!!!!!!

:lol:

• Haha 3

Just pitching in to say- fuck the Royals. 

All of them. 

With a rusty poker. 

Cunts whinge on about familys on benefits getting an extra £20 a week, and these fucking über scroungers have had us paying to keep them in caviar, gold toilets and trafficked underage girls for centuries. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Are you sure you want to say the message from that chair?….. okay maybe lose some of the medals and jewelry?… no you’re right it’s definitely not too much, you’ll definitely come across well”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1