Politics

Christmas Tree

Late night secret meeting between Johnson and Sunak last night to try and broker some kind of deal. I don't know about anyone else, but this is exactly how I think the leader of the country should be chosen.

• Like 2

This prick, carving up his own quotes and taking them out of context to try and support his latest craic. 

The emergence of Frost as someone we all have to listen to is a close second to Brexit as one of the worst things that has happened to this country in the last few years. 

• Like 3

Workplace masturbator Damian Green now giving us the benefit of his wisdom. :lol:

Says he thinks Mordaunt, currently 25% of the way to the required nomination figure, "will win". 

Edited by Gemmill

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Steve Baker has just announced on Ridge that he's backing Sunak. Probably quite big news. Says Johnson would be "a guaranteed disaster" because of the Privileges Committee thing. 

so even the headbangers realise the game is up and they need to back rishi for damage limitation 

I want Johnson to win at this point but I think even his trying to run and then not having the required support is quite damaging and divisive, especially given the public backing he’s received from cunts like Brendan Clarke-Smith. I also agree Johnson saying he has 100 MPs’ support is a bluff. 

• Like 1

It's either a bluff, or the people who are silently backing him don't fully believe yet that he wants to run, and therefore don't want to limit their employment prospects with Sunak by going public.

I mean why you would back someone who you don't even trust to be honest with you about something this fundamental, is beyond me, but I'm not a pathetic member of the Johnson cult. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I want Johnson to win at this point but I think even his trying to run and then not having the required support is quite damaging and divisive, especially given the public backing he’s received from cunts like Brendan Clarke-Smith. I also agree Johnson saying he has 100 MPs’ support is a bluff. 

That's where I'm at too. I want his ego to destroy himself and take the party with him. 

Also it seems a lot of MPs will be in trouble with their local parties if they don't back Johnson thanks to how vociferous the wingnuts are - much like how "sensible" ones like Hammond were forced out for not being Brexity enough. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1

He's still going for it. Which is great news cos it'll either mean humiliatingly falling short of 100 nominations, or a disastrously split party.

And then hopefully the fall of the govt as a result of the Privileges Committee inquiry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

He's still going for it. Which is great news cos it'll either mean humiliatingly falling short of 100 nominations, or a disastrously split party.

And then hopefully the fall of the govt as a result of the Privileges Committee inquiry. 

Heading for the latter. If Boris is on the ballot then he will win. Giving the 144 MPs who voted no confidence in him a choice to make.

We just end up back to 4 months ago when half his party publicly called him worse than shit and threatened to resign 

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Heading for the latter. If Boris is on the ballot then he will win. Giving the 144 MPs who voted no confidence in him a choice to make.

We just end up back to 4 months ago when half his party publicly called him worse than shit and threatened to resign 

Yep, and I think Sunak will also have problem with a large proportion of his party. I know Mordaunt is useless but she's their best chance, therefore.....