Politics

Christmas Tree

There must be some electronic way of making sure benefits are used by the right people? Issued on chipped cards maybe? I don't know, I suppose the scumbags out there would still get around it by buying the correct goods with them then selling those on instead.

There's no way of doing it that will guarantee that the money is being used for the right purposes but in certain US states they use debit style cards. It does go some way to ensuring that they're not being sold off but again isn't perfect.

The Trussell Trust is the main food bank operator throughout the country.

I have no issue with food banks or there use, just with people who dress them up as a political football and portray this picture of every family on benefit queuing up to give there kids tea every night. Virtually any one who has dealings with a food bank will point you in the direction of drugs, alcohol, domestic violence etc as the main culprit.

Dramatising it the way some of you do is as simplistic as people using that Benefit street program to bash benefit claimants.

There are lots of offshoots of food banks having to be set up in the last couple of years due to demand, just because a large and official one has this rule doesn't mean that there are now lots of other community foodbanks running who have had to abandon that rule due to demand. Dave said himself, without a hint of irony, that all the new Community foodbanks that were springing up were a great example of the 'The Big Society'.

I'm not trying to dramatise anything, I'm just telling you what I know and see through my work. Hey, I see lots of people taking the piss out of the system and taking food they don't need, neglecting kids etc. The majority though are looking for work and do really need food, and despite the Daily Fail's generalisations of their perceived underlcass, not everyone on benefits smokes tabs, goes to the local, and takes drugs. I think it's great that unemployment is down as more and more people are signed up for the unpaid Work Programme, to Zero hour contracts, to Agencies who take the piss.

The problem with having the Tories in for those on the breadline is that they only get voted in to Parliament in affluent areas. So it's a bit of I'm Alright Jack. Some of them might have a little council estate of oiks somewhere in the constituency but luckily for them they don't bother with politics and they don't ever have to go there so it's ok. This is not Pro-Labour either, I've criticised them lots on here and the thought of Ed Balls as Chancellor puts a shudder down my spine (useless twat) but at least they usually tend to represent poorer constituencies so can't avoid having these issues thrown in their faces therefore having to do something about it, even if a lot of them don't really care either.

There are lots of offshoots of food banks having to be set up in the last couple of years due to demand, just because a large and official one has this rule doesn't mean that there are now  lots of other community foodbanks running who have had to abandon that rule due to demand. Dave said himself, without a hint of irony, that all the new Community foodbanks that were springing up were a great example of the 'The Big Society'.

I'm not trying to dramatise anything, I'm just telling you what I know and see through my work. Hey, I see lots of people taking the piss out of the system and taking food they don't need, neglecting kids etc. The majority though are looking for work and do really need food, and despite the Daily Fail's generalisations of their perceived underlcass, not everyone on benefits smokes tabs, goes to the local, and takes drugs. I think it's great that unemployment is down as more and more people are signed up for the unpaid Work Programme, to Zero hour contracts, to Agencies who take the piss. 

The problem with having the Tories in for those on the breadline is that they only get voted in to Parliament in affluent areas. So it's a bit of I'm Alright Jack. Some of them might have a little council estate of oiks somewhere in the constituency but luckily for them they don't bother with politics and they don't ever have to go there so it's ok. This is not Pro-Labour either, I've criticised them lots on here and the thought of Ed Balls as Chancellor puts a shudder down my spine (useless twat) but at least they usually tend to represent poorer constituencies so can't avoid having these issues thrown in their faces therefore having to do something about it, even if a lot of them don't really care either.

The bottom line though is the vast majority of low paid or benefit claimants do not and will never use a Foodbank.

The other hypocritical view taken to Channel 4s programming is that Gogglebox is lauded as an hilarious and insightful look into the lives of ordinary Brits.....we watch the foul mouthed owners of a B&B sit on their couch getting slowly but surely pissed up on G&T, champagne, Vodka, Schnaaps and all sorts, but they're witty educated folk with a nice carpet we're comfortable to laugh along with. Foul mouthed piss heads like the rest of us.

A week later we watch foul mouthed Fungi getting pissed up on Kestrel and he's Britains greatest monster. Nothing but contempt for the filthy animal.

Did the B&B owners buy their alcohol from their earnings?

Why doesn't people who fucking moan incessantly about scroungers and benefits etc rap their jobs in and join the benefit gravy train? I mean, what's the point of being 'hard working' when you can have everything from the government? Stop moaning, give up your job and be a scrounger yourself. If you aren't quite ready foe the benefit gravy train just yet then do the next best thing and rap your job for one of the many new jobs being created. Surely the law of averages says at least half the new jobs will have wages, terms and conditions as good if not better than your current job?

Any takers?

No didn't think so.

Why doesn't people who fucking moan incessantly about scroungers and benefits etc rap their jobs in and join the benefit gravy train? I mean, what's the point of being 'hard working' when you can have everything from the government? Stop moaning, give up your job and be a scrounger yourself. If you aren't quite ready foe the benefit gravy train just yet then do the next best thing and rap your job for one of the many new jobs being created. Surely the law of averages says at least half the new jobs will have wages, terms and conditions as good if not better than your current job?

Any takers?

No didn't think so.

No thanks.

lets get this right...des is a plumber for a local authority, surrounded all day by the worst type of spongeing scrounging scumbags the north east has to offer?

:lol:

With respect they are not all like that.

At a rough guess: 30% percent work for a living

50% do even less than monkeys fist and KCG combined weekly output

20% percent pensioners (no idea of previous working status)

Given that councils countrywide are all being forced into a Skivvy reduction, how would you deal with the self loathing if you found yourself on the dole?

God forbid it should happen, but you should know we'd all be here to support you.

:kiss:

Given that councils countrywide are all being forced into a Skivvy reduction, how would you deal with the self loathing if you found yourself on the dole?

God forbid it should happen, but you should know we'd all be here to support you.

:kiss:

I am not directly a council worker. I am a contractor. But should the worst happen i would go on holiday for a month whilst i decide.

You'd go on holiday, then come back and bludge off the State?

Think of all the 50" Telly's genuine scroungers could buy with the money YOU would be claiming.

For shame, Skiv McSkivington, for shame!

I thought you were of a higher calibre than that, put it seems you're just a spud gun.