Politics

Christmas Tree

I love the way not objecting to the cuts themselves but only because the money is being used for tax cuts is somehow okay.

This is more to do with the EU and tory factioning than any epiphany over suffering.

I'm not a whinge. Half the people who have my condition are generally dead within 2 years. I'm in my 21st month now, and its still not back. However, I've lost so much memory, I forget I've left the cooker on you fuckin name it I can fuck up. I had 12 month of chemo which ended in November and I genuinely can't go back to work, because I've had one of THE worst afflictions anyone can get. A grade 3 brain tumour. Technically I am officially UNCURABLE. It's in writing in the doctors office. So why the fuck are these arseholes trying to spoil what's left of my life by taking £120 a month off me?? FUCKING ARSEHOLES. They help the rich, attack the poor, and pour petrol over and try to set people like me ahad. Cameron hinted they may change it, but what a cunt that bloke who looks like Adam Johnson is. Absolute bastard of a man. George somecunt.

Because that's been the Conservative way for as long as I can remember

Who did you vote for out of interest?

Didn't vote. I think I've voted once when I was 19 and my vote helped the best Labour government in living memory.

I do wonder if a lot of the people who voted Conservative to help them win that massive majority are now having second thoughts. I'd imagine they took a lot of the working class votes with their schtick about sorting out immigration etc. I do partially agree that Labour are missing a trick atm not clawing back large swathes of those voters with Corbyn's pacifism, as much as I have a lot of time for the man and his ideas

corbyn is an idealist but he lacks the pragmatism required to lead, let alone govern.

also, he's alienating a lot of the working class labour vote when he refuses to play the bullshit patriotic game - whether it's singing the national anthem, respecting the queen, bowing his head at a sufficient angle or whatever. the media blow this nonsense right out of proportion but a lot of the stuff he's done and said will result in more traditional labour supporters leaving for UKIP, or whoever. and these are the supporters you need to win to be elected.

i like a lot of what he has to say as well, not everything like, but there are more blue collar voters out there who disagree with him on immigration than there are bearded, lentil-eating guardianistas. you don't win elections by galvanising the residents of islington.

Extraordinary comments from IDS on the Andrew Marr show. So after years in office spent trying to shrink the state, he confesses to suddenly realising it was a massive cunts trick all along.

This reminds me of when Hestletine did for Thatcher by selling himself as a one nation tory when he was just as much of a cunt as she was. It's a position taken to force change. Pure ambition.

This reminds me of when Hestletine did for Thatcher by selling himself as a one nation tory when he was just as much of a cunt as she was. It's a position taken to force change. Pure ambition.

Aye, I read it as him throwing his lot in with Boris Johnson.

He's a lying little bastard, and this all has nothing to do with an attack of conscience. However, the fact that what he's saying about the disability cuts and the Tories policies dividing society is true is great, as it shines a very public light on what a set of cunts they are. Osborne in particular.

good read by owen jones http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/22/tories-reputation-incompetence-missed-targets-osborne-budget?CMP=share_btn_fb

unfortunately, corbyn again failed to really hammer them and the news agenda has moved on to brussels.

it's amazing really that osborne's reputation seems barely dented by his complete incompetence.

you're not wrong, gemmill, and yet no one is pulling apart his "long-term economic plan". that's what the opposition ought to be doing, given he's failed on just about every measure going.

He's in front of the TSC tomorrow and again in a couple of weeks. He'll be put on the spot tomorrow much more effectively than could ever be achieved in parliament. The bloke is a fucking dickhead.