What sums up Newcastle United for you?

The Fish

At the Millenium Stadium , in the semis against ManU.

We all knew we were going to get turned over, everyone there had a " fuck it, let's show them how to do it" head on.

Both inside and outside the stadium we were outstanding,

I only hope that when we do eventually win something, we can behave in a similar manner.

A drunken Geordie trying to shout praise to Nicos Papavassolou but giving up after two aborted attempts at pronouncing his name. Also getting beat virtually every time we took over 7,000 fans away. Glorious failure or something like that.

Glorious failure with the occasional moment of hope.

We've been pretty much dreadful for the entire 30 years I've supported us but moments like last Saturday make it all worthwhile.

Fuck knows how I'd feel if we ever won anything meaningful but it's the (albeit blind) hope that keeps me going.

Glorious failure with the occasional moment of hope.

We've been pretty much dreadful for the entire 30 years I've supported us but moments like last Saturday make it all worthwhile.

Fuck knows how I'd feel if we ever won anything meaningful but it's the (albeit blind) hope that keeps me going.

Sometimes I think that if we ever won anything, all these moments of occasional glory (like the one you mentioned) would be less special - like, we might develop an expectation that since we've won something, we should be looking to win something else.

With that said, that first major trophy we win (in a lot of people's living memory anyway) will be something pretty awesome...

JS22313200-5797729.jpg

16107446.jpg

Great pic of the old West Stand, (if you look carefully you can see Noelie parking his car where the old ticket office was yet to be built.)

gallacher_display_image.jpg?1334303300< 'Do you ken Hughie Gallacher, the wee Sots lad, the best centre forward, Newcastle ever had?'

Joe-Harvey-2JPG-4886062.jpg

article-0-00D237230000044C-830_306x465.j< '.......And here's to Bobby Moncur, the Fairs cup in his hand.......'